Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman Vs. Marrissa Alexander

George Zimmerman Vs. Marrissa Alexander

There was a thread dating back in 2010 about alexander shooting to scare her abusive husband. read about it here,,, http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...issa-alexander Look for the similarities,,, and the disparities, quite amazing! take special notice of the person named "Angela Corey"...
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 07-16-2013 at 04:57 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned
    Totally different scenarios. I'd say both juries got it right, but for two different reasons--and SYG applied in neither case!

SYG did not apply in Z's case because he could not flee, so he made no choice to stand his ground. He simply defended his life from the only position he could.

SYG did not apply in Alexander's case because she did flee, got the gun, and came back! Hers was not even a case of self-defense, unless you buy into the whole "battered wife syndrome" BS. I don't. But, that is still not SYG.

Two totally different cases. The only similarity is that folks are misapplying SYG to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Totally different scenarios. I'd say both juries got it right, but for two different reasons--and SYG applied in neither case!

SYG did not apply in Z's case because he could not flee, so he made no choice to stand his ground. He simply defended his life from the only position he could.

SYG did not apply in Alexander's case because she did flee, got the gun, and came back! Hers was not even a case of self-defense, unless you buy into the whole "battered wife syndrome" BS. I don't. But, that is still not SYG.

Two totally different cases. The only similarity is that folks are misapplying SYG to both of them.
    INSIDE HER OWN HOUSE!!!!! she was forced into the garage with the pistol and re-confronted him inside the kitchen! A PERSON'S HOME IS THEIR CASTLE
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    INSIDE HER OWN HOUSE!!!!! she was forced into the garage with the pistol and re-confronted him inside the kitchen! A PERSON'S HOME IS THEIR CASTLE
    You've obviously fallen for the MSM's emotional subornation of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    You've obviously fallen for the MSM's emotional subornation of facts.
    please cite where I'm wrong.

all material I've seen says the shots were fired inside the kitchen. she was in a home she had a right to be in.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Had she said NOTHING she would not be sentenced. She is serving time not because bullets came out of a firearm but because babbling came out of her pie hole.

Now, I do feel for her if she's not lying, but her lawyer could have gotten her off had she not admitted to brandishing, discharging her firearm without just cause.

Heck, even if she said 'I was in fear for my life...call my lawyer, I want medical attention' (implying she missed, not implying she shot the firearm, not implying she got it from the garage and returned...SHE MADE THE PROSECUTION'S case. Otherwise they'd have had to figure out all this and prove it.

Lessons learned: don't talk to the cops. Talk to your lawyer.

FWIW.

please cite where I'm wrong.

all material I've seen says the shots were fired inside the kitchen. she was in a home she had a right to be in.
    Does not allow one to commit Aggravated Assault with a firearm. The State obviously presented evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, that she did not act in self-defense and she did not present sufficient (any) evidence to refute that.

If you accept the Zimmerman verdict, you must also accept the Alexander verdict. Facts were presented to the jury and they came to a decision.

Does not allow one to commit Aggravated Assault with a firearm. The State obviously presented evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, that she did not act in self-defense and she did not present sufficient (any) evidence to refute that.

If you accept the Zimmerman verdict, you must also accept the Alexander verdict. Facts were presented to the jury and they came to a decision.
    or what passes as evidence in Jacksonville. black person holding gun, black person fires gun, double felony if black woman fires gun.

SLAM the gavel has fallen and justice prevails again in the sunshine state

a person in someone's house threatening them with physical harm is just that. deadly force should be authorized (and probably would've been had she been a rather attractive woman of caucasion complexion)

the media's mistake is that they're comparing this to Zimmerman and saying that this case means Zimmerman should've gone to prison, they're wrong. this case means that innocent people are being railroaded in Florida and that needs to be corrected. and if I were governor I would've begun a task force dedicated to exonerating people and providing them pardons and this woman would've been number 1 on the list.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 07-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.

NRA Member

Had she stayed in the garage it would have been a different scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    so the hell what? did Zimmerman just get exonerated on the fact he didn't have to stay in the car. sounds to me like you support "duty to retreat laws" you have a right to traverse your own house at any time you damn well please.

NRA Member

Banned
    That's why I support Napoleonic code in respect to a person's land and dwelling. Makes the law so much simpler. You get the shoot anyone on your land or in your home you want, period...no reason needed other than the person is on your land and you did not invite the person over.

Banned

Sorry,but that's just stupid. A friend drops by unannounced and you get into a dispute. You can shoot him???

You have posted some of the most moronic things on this forum, but that bit of idiocy from you takes the cake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by eye95; 07-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Banned
    Sorry,but that's just stupid. A friend drops by unannounced and you get into a dispute. You can shoot him???

You have posted some of the most moronic things on this forum, but that bit of idiocy from you takes the cake.

You have been brainwashed by liberals my man .... and its clear in the circumstances you state that the guy was invited ...

I am interested in your thoughts, please tell me less.

Banned

No. It is not clear. And that is the idiocy of your suggestion. Would everyone need to have written proof that they are invited to avoid getting shot?

Stupidity, and I am done with it. Your foolishness needs not another second of my time.

<o>

Must I?

I have no problem giving the benefit of the doubt to a jury who finds a person innocent, but not to one who finds her guilty. Especially not with the rate at which people are railroaded by the system (i.e. most criminal convictions).
    Last edited by marshaul; 07-16-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    BINGO! Not only did she return with a firearm, she discharged that firearm into a wall that her children were on the other side. That is why she was convicted. She was away from danger, she returned with a weapon, and then endangered innocent children. 20 years is a bit stiff, but she endangered the lives of children. She was offered 3 years in a plea, and did not take it.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

so the hell what? did Zimmerman just get exonerated on the fact he didn't have to stay in the car. sounds to me like you support "duty to retreat laws" you have a right to traverse your own house at any time you damn well please.
    She left the scene, got a gun, returned and shot at her children. What part of that do you not understand?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Getting a weapon and advancing is not simply "not retreating." It is far more than that.

Anyway, the important thing is that there is nothing in common between the two cases apart from the defendant claimed self-defense and Satana...er...Angela was involved in both cases.
    Last edited by eye95; 07-16-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Getting a weapon and advancing is not simply "not retreating." It is far more than that.

Anyway, the important thing is that there is nothing in common between the two cases apart from the defendant claimed self-defense and Satana...er...Angela was involved in both cases.
    Not every case the wicked witch of the east prosecuted is going to be bogus because the GZ case was. Yes MA's sentence seems stiff, until one sees she shot at her children. It may not have been intentional, but it sure was stupid. Reckless child endangerment X 2 probably would have brought just as stiff a sentence. MA should have took the deal.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Must I?

I have no problem giving the benefit of the doubt to a jury who finds a person innocent, but not to one who finds her guilty. Especially not with the rate at which people are railroaded by the system (i.e. most criminal convictions).
    Yes you must.

Unless of course you subscribe to the notion that all/any juries are not selected in accordance with due process.

You can disagree with the laws the conviction is based upon. If so work to get them changed.

You can disagree with the format and/or content of jury instructions. If so work to get them changed.

You can disagree with the law and hope jurors, as is their right, do not convict based on a unconstitutional or unjust law.

What you cannot do is bitch about the jury's decision, unless of course you have facts to support a charge of jury tampering.

What you cannot do is bitch about the jury's decision, unless of course you have facts to support a charge of jury tampering.
    lol. Or what? I go to jail? Someone beats me up?

I can bitch about anything all I want.

For the record.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    lol. Or what? I go to jail? Someone beats me up?

I can bitch about anything all I want.

For the record.
    And you will be ignored and ridiculed and marginalized by most of society as is happening to 'Attorney' Crump and his merry band of Social Engineering, race baiting, money grubbing scumbags.
    Last edited by notalawyer; 07-16-2013 at 04:17 PM.

And you will be ignored and ridiculed and marginalized by most of society as is happening to 'Attorney' Crump and his merry band of Social Engineering, race baiting, money grubbing scumbags.
    Ah. I see. So now you're going to ignore and ridicule me for asserting a right to – hypothetically mind you – question a jury who delivers a guilty verdict?

I question every jury who refuses to nullify BS malum prohibitum offenses, for one. I question every jury who has let a prosecutor railroad an innocent man onto death row.

Forgive me if "ignore and ridicule" those who do not.

20 years?

Gross injustice.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    20 years?

Gross injustice.
    That's a great reason to refuse to convict right there.

Juries should nullify when the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Legislators and prosecutors can cry me a river of tears.

I place justice on an altar high above the "law".
    Last edited by marshaul; 07-16-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast