• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My CCW is up for Renewal

Steve Larson

G&AG has a policy of no loaded firearms in the classroom.

As for the picture, that's not my style...... what little style I got!

I received a phone call from the instructor, letting me know that the issues I brought up were being taken out of their curriculum. She was nice and proactive. and said that Mgmt. was on board.

She contacts you a lot... I think she likes you :lol:

GunsandAmmoGarage

I am honestly shocked that you only gave me 13 hours (of which only 2 of were business hours) from your response to my PM at 11:08pm on 7/28 to your post attacking me at 12:14pm on 7/29.

I could have posted a knee jerk reactionary response blindly defending our company, instructor and curriculum as soon as I saw this thread but I didn't. Instead I took the time to register on this site using our company name and PM you asking for clarification to your comments so that i could look into your concerns and address them properly.

Even without your response to my PM I took steps on Sunday morning (only hours after first seeing this thread) to meet with our lead instructor, go over our curriculum, and discuss your concerns and the emails you have been exchanging with her since you took our class. We then made some immediate changes to our curriculum regarding OC, made a list of things to research and update as needed, and schedule a meeting to review our entire curriculum for any additional changes or improvements.

So in less then 36 hours, including a weekend day, between when I discovered the thread at 7am on 7/28 and this post ~7pm on 7/29 I was able to address and resolve your concerns. But instead of allowing me a reasonable amount of time to respond and let you know what changes were made you decided it was best to accuse of of hiding behind PMs and not protecting or defending our instructor and company.

Attacks like this make us regret offering free classes to help fight SB221, and is the reason very few gun stores participate in gun communities as it is a no win situation. Unfortunately this is our first post and based on the experience probably our last post.

On a personal note, it has been mistakenly mentioned on this site in different threads that I am the owner of Guns and Ammo Garage which I am NOT, I am the General Manager and a proponent of OC. I was at the first OC trash pickup in front of NLVPD, OC in the DMV, OC'd in the Summerlin Costco for 2 years before Eric Scott was shot, attended two LV Blvd carry events, OC almost everyday, and so on.

I am shocked that Adam has admitted that he has read this thread, and has decidedly not acted on the following:
  • Taking ownership for the G&AG curriculum they hired the instructor to teach!
  • Watching his instructor being unfairly targeted for teaching G&AG curriculum in this thread, and doing nothing!
Until G&AG stands behind (owns) the training material they consciously put their logo on, how can one expect they will stand behind anything else that bears their logo?

I want to reiterate, the instructor was NOT giving opinions, She was teaching the curriculum from the G&AG book and slideshow, both of which were adorned with the G&AG logo

P.S. All future PM's I receive from G&AG will get posted to the appropriate thread. unless they are of a personal nature not an "open to the public" nature.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I am honestly shocked that you only gave me 13 hours (of which only 2 of were business hours) from your response to my PM at 11:08pm on 7/28 to your post attacking me at 12:14pm on 7/29.

I could have posted a knee jerk reactionary response blindly defending our company, instructor and curriculum as soon as I saw this thread but I didn't. Instead I took the time to register on this site using our company name and PM you asking for clarification to your comments so that i could look into your concerns and address them properly.

Even without your response to my PM I took steps on Sunday morning (only hours after first seeing this thread) to meet with our lead instructor, go over our curriculum, and discuss your concerns and the emails you have been exchanging with her since you took our class. We then made some immediate changes to our curriculum regarding OC, made a list of things to research and update as needed, and schedule a meeting to review our entire curriculum for any additional changes or improvements.

So in less then 36 hours, including a weekend day, between when I discovered the thread at 7am on 7/28 and this post ~7pm on 7/29 I was able to address and resolve your concerns. But instead of allowing me a reasonable amount of time to respond and let you know what changes were made you decided it was best to accuse of of hiding behind PMs and not protecting or defending our instructor and company.

Attacks like this make us regret offering free classes to help fight SB221, and is the reason very few gun stores participate in gun communities as it is a no win situation. Unfortunately this is our first post and based on the experience probably our last post.

On a personal note, it has been mistakenly mentioned on this site in different threads that I am the owner of Guns and Ammo Garage which I am NOT, I am the General Manager and a proponent of OC. I was at the first OC trash pickup in front of NLVPD, OC in the DMV, OC'd in the Summerlin Costco for 2 years before Eric Scott was shot, attended two LV Blvd carry events, OC almost everyday, and so on.

Help a guy with his business and he gives you sour grapes! well that speaks for itself.

I remember when I started on this forum, I was criticized for lack of grammar, spelling, not utilizing paragraphs etc. Sometimes the guys were harsh. I thanked them got better and moved on. At leastthe G&AG instructor was appreciative.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Just like many other people. We all work mostly for money. It's nice to be noble and pass on information but it boils down to being able to pay the bills. Most people will get into something because of the monetary incentive. Why does MAC still wrench on AC units? ....

I will always schedule a CCW class for a student, even one who wants a private one-on-one. But unless I get 8 students for the class, I take a pay cut if it is summertime from not doing AC work all day. Oh well. I didn't get licensed to get rich! I love this stuff.

I'm just glad to see someone acknowledge it!

I did a two-person class today. It takes most of the day, but we finished with just enough time for me to change a blower motor in an attic. I made more money on the two hours I was in the attic than I did for the 8-hour CCW class. And I'll do it again. Okay, okay, the guys bought me a steak for lunch, so it wasn't all bad...

Last edited:

gunrunner1911

I do the same thing all the time. I had planned to attend a rocket launch last weekend which was business as we were showing off the new company up there. Client calls for renewal from out of town that weekend on Monday. Seems easy but things were crazy with prep for the weekend. I made it happen. I work with my clients especially returning ones. The general "whats your price?" asshats not so much.
It's interesting when you hear or read the comments on forums about the subject and those that post them when confronted fail to respond.

"Bob Erwin is an A$$ he doesn't know his info" What do you want for free and if the community of gun owners cared they would actually pay for a real class from a real instructor. NRA credentials are a F'ing joke IMO. Especially when that's all they have.

"They don't know the law on open carry. They made people feel like they shouldn't carry" It's a CONCEALED CARRY class. The fact that some of us address open carry and do it correctly is a bonus because while it's every persons right to carry there are those who SHOULDN'T either carry by choice or by law.

With rights comes responsibilities. 1st A = say whatever you want but realize you can be sued for slander if applicable and you can't yell fire in a theater for the heck of it.

2ndA yes you get to keep and bear arms but only so far as the fact you can be responsible enough to not kill anyone out of stupidity or carelessness or abuse it. If we are part of the Militia why are we not "well regulated"? We should be VERY well regulated.

Either OC or CC but go to a professional instructor and seek real training so if you have to use it you might actually survive the encounter. If you pull it is only because you feel your life is in danger or under threat of death. Of course we all know this because we are not the norm we are the gun forum gurus. WE LOVE THIS $%^&. We live breath and eat guns. Guess what 90% ers don't. So most people won't care and the cheap box store instructors live on including one of the worst known ones right here at Scheels so when you run into one dont be surprised especially if you chose to put your A$$ in a seat in their classroom.

jdholmes

You seem to have an elitist attitude when it comes to people who have received training from a CCW instructor. If I am wrong, I apologize - sometime text can be misleading.

I grew up in a country that didn't allow concealed carry or any other kind of carry aside from range or hunting use - but I still was being taught how to safely handle and make use of firearms from the age of 5. Beyond that practical upbringing, I am intelligent enough to research law. When I have the choice of carrying openly; given my upbringing, training and intelligence - a CCW is very much an option, not a necessity.

To criticize my decision on how I spend my families earnings seems rude. And to assume that those choices mean that I am unprepared, ill equipped or unable to defend myself and my loved ones is a mistake.

I appreciate your frustrations, but perhaps there is a better way to share them than to call someone out, especially an ally, without knowing the facts.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Good point JD, I also believe critical thinking is the major component. To often people repeat what they are told, because of the person (trainer) who told them, so it must be right.

A couple of days ago I was at Cal Ranch store (95- Jones,) at the gun counter looking at ammo, the store clerk Adam was fairly knowledgeable about guns said he worked at The Gun Store previously, was happy to trying sell me a plastic ammo can of 00 Buck. 5 minuets later when the subject turned to shotgun self defense he flipped and "proclaimed" that anything other than bird shot is irresponsible. He did this without knowing where I live etc. etc. etc. He may live in an apartment, where a # 6 load is appropriate. I refused to argue as he was 100% sure.

Training can work against you. if you take it verbatim. Cost has nothing to do with quality. The curriculum I received for free from, G&AG, was paid for by my friend from her hard earned money. $99.00 plus range fee. 12.00