• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sheriffs office would not return my gun.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Forgive me for being some what computer challanged; I don't know how to change font, color, or even put in any of those snazzy icons into the posts other than the dozen or so at the bottom of the page.

Here is what I use for a quick "sarcasm" label.... "/sarcasm". It works fairly well and does not require changing color, etc!

Carry on!

Rich7553

It's very common to be forced to wait an inordinately long time after the cops know they must return your weapon. It's not uncommon to have to get the courts involved as well. Normally, they've got 60 days to return your firearm or to otherwise keep it and auction it amongst their buds. Running out the clock is one of their games.

Jojo - just because it's common doesn't mean it's legal. Where is the statute that states they have 60 days to return legally owned personal property?

10x

Jojo - just because it's common doesn't mean it's legal. Where is the statute that states they have 60 days to return legally owned personal property?

There needs to be a law to address this problem!.......That is plain BS