• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holder blasts 'stand your ground' after Zimmerman verdict

eye95

SYG corrects the senseless shrinking of self-defense laws. You should not have to run and hide. You should be able to face the threat where it happens and deal with it--or run and hide. The point is that rational people should be able to make that choice.
Anyway, SYG has NOTHING to do with the Z case. Z was trapped under M's murderous body. He had nowhere to go to. He wasn't standing his ground. He was shooting or dying. Easy choice. Lawful choice to shoot. Duh, Mr. Holder, duh.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Complete and utter ignorance about what really happened and what laws actually applied.

But what do you expect from a man who, unlike Zimmerman, is an actual criminal, held in contempt of the law-making body of the US Government?

countryclubjoe

Interesting that Holder mentioned how SYG laws undermine Public Safety. Clearly a law abiding citizen could give a rats ass about public safety if they or a member of there family's life was in clear and present danger.

The anti tyrants want to put law abiding citizens lives in the hands of criminals that wish to do us harm.

Are we as law abiding citizens expected to NOT defend our lives,our families lives just to satisfy some tyrants public safety concerns? NOT THIS CITIZEN!

Let Holder and Corey surrender there weapons in the name of public safety. I'll just hold onto mine.

Best regards

CCJ

WalkingWolf

If I wasn't to old and frail to be dodging drones I would send him a female personal pleasure device and tell him what he could do with it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Another knee jerk that has nothing to do with the Zimmerman case. SYG wasn't even an issue there.

countryclubjoe

Mr.Holder trying to appease the NAACP. He and they should be addressing the concern that 92% of violent crime committed against black folks is committed by other black folks.

Off topic question. Is the NAACP prejudice against non colored folks? Just wondering.

CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There might be those that would prejudge others, but I think that are in the minority.

djdavis75

I've been reading comments and stories around the Internet about the M/Z case today. Now I've run into some really delusional anti-gun people before, but these people take the cake. These people must be on drugs, or living in some fantasy land that bears little resemblance to the real world. These people are clueless and beyond reason, if they're going to be outraged, maybe they should find something real to actually be outraged about.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This Is Scary

Apparently, a unit within the Justice Department helped organize protests. Judicial Watch obtained a number of documents thru Freedom of Information Act requests.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...rtment-in-organizing-trayvon-martin-protests/

Just one item: "[Communit Relations Service] spent $1,142.84 “in Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain."

We're sliding into territory seen in the last decades of the Roman Republic (before the emporers). First, we have a sitting Atty General demogogueing against a law by totally distorting the situation.

And, then we have his department actively supporting protests.

Its one thing to have private individuals working up protests. Its something else entirely to have government getting itself involved.

In the last decades of the Roman Republic, ambitious politicians with little regard for constitutional checks would assemble gangs to threaten others' supporters or voters or whatever. If I recall, organizing protests was part of their toolbox.

Take a look at this again. Its one thing to have government plant agents provocatuers so a protest gets out of hand so the the water-cannons turn on, or to police protests to keep opposing sides apart and keep the peace. Its an entirely different matter for government to take sides. They've crossed the line into using protestors for political gain.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Mr.Holder trying to appease the NAACP. He and they should be addressing the concern that 92% of violent crime committed against black folks is committed by other black folks.

Off topic question. Is the NAACP prejudice against non colored folks? Just wondering.

CCJ
The NAACP is prejudiced against any citizen, regardless of their skin pigment, if that citizen holds a viewpoint that is counter to their liberal agenda. Dr. Ben Carson is a perfect example.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Kopis

CCJ

it is appalling that no one wants to address the thousands of black on black shootings but rather use them to exploit "gun crime" when it is really gang crime.

PFC HALE

really? delete my post when there are many more "not in standard" heres the selective moderation again... thanks CNN.