• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A Rally Jefferson City Sept. 11th!

mspgunner

I was asked to HELP, and of course I can't say no.
Feel free to share this with everyone...Post to Facebook or other 2A Discussion sites!
Take the day, make the trip!

There will be a Second Amendment Rally on the front lawn of the Missouri Capitol on Sept. 11th 2013, the first day of the veto session. The Rally is sponsored by GRAA (Gun Rights Across America of Missouri). The State Coordinator for this group is Kenny Parks. This is the same group that sponsored a rally at the Capitol in January of this year which attracted some 800 people to Jefferson City and made national news. We anticipate many of the 6-800 people who attended the April 18th “Rally Day” will also make the trip to Jefferson City. Subject of the Rally is basically HB436, State sovereignty just took a kick in the teeth with the veto of this bill. The Rally will be from 9:00AM till 10:30AM or so.

We would like speakers to arrive at about 9:30 after our brief opening. Bottled water will be provided for speakers. Invited legislative speakers for this include Lt. Governor Peter Kinder, Speaker Tim Jones, Floor Majority Leader John Diehl, Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey, Majority Floor Leader Ron Richard, Representatives Paul Curtman, Doug Funderburk, Chuck Gatschenberger, Senators Brian Nieves and Brian Munzlinger.

mspgunner

After the Rally, seek out your elected officials, tell them to support the veto over ride of HB436. Stay around and fil the House Gallery, we hope the veto over ride wil come soon and then move to the Senate!
Many of use missed work for th epast few years to speak in committee hearings and such. It just depends how important your constitutional rights are to you.
It's your decision, it's not easy and it does take money out of your pocket.
Choose......

Oramac

After the Rally, seek out your elected officials, tell them to support the veto over ride of HB436. Stay around and fil the House Gallery, we hope the veto over ride wil come soon and then move to the Senate!
Many of use missed work for th epast few years to speak in committee hearings and such. It just depends how important your constitutional rights are to you.
It's your decision, it's not easy and it does take money out of your pocket.
Choose......

I'm planning to be there. Hopefully I can get my dad to go to, but I don't know what his schedule is that day.

mspgunner

THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE THIS YEAR, IF THE VETO IS OVER TURNED THE LAW GOES INTO EFFECT IMMEDIATELY!!!
Want more OC rights, go to the rally and talk to your legislators, there is power in numbers.

If you would be so kind.... This needs to be posted on discussion forums, Facebook sights on and on and on. Please post far and wide, even if it is a repeat.
The first day of the veto session there will be a 2nd amendment rally on the front lawn of the MO. Capitol starting at 9:00AM, please share far and wide. Speakers
Rep. Doug Funderburk @ 0915, Rep. Chuck.Gatschenberger @ 0930, Rep. Curtman @ 0945 Nieves @10:00
Others in leadership do not have a time as yet.
The veto session is to start Sept. 11th 2013.
HB436 was vetoed by the Governor. We are working toward a veto over ride and will hold a rally on the front lawn of the Capitol from 9:00 AM till 10:30. At that time we'd like to see hundreds pour into the Capitol and tell their legislators to over ride the Governor's veto on this important 2nd amendment bill.
We have the permit and speakers from both the Missouri House and Senate!
Make every effort to attend this rally! It our 2nd amendment rights that are at stake!
Share with any and all media outlets, ask for a promo and if they would like to cover the Rally as well.
Others invited to speak include: Lt. Governor Peter Kinder, Speaker Tim Jones, Floor Majority Leader John Diehl, Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey, Majority Floor Leader Ron Richard, and Senator Brian Munzlinger.

Oramac

I've personally spoken to 4 of our reps (names withheld for the time being), and emailed many others.

Every little bit helps! Even if all you do is send them some encouragement. They need to hear from us.

mspgunner

I've personally spoken to 4 of our reps (names withheld for the time being), and emailed many others.

Every little bit helps! Even if all you do is send them some encouragement. They need to hear from us.

I think I could name all four.... Play Ball!!!
I guess that's a bit of an inside joke, I see who your Dad hangs with.... A very good group of 2A House members....

Oramac

I think I could name all four.... Play Ball!!!
I guess that's a bit of an inside joke, I see who your Dad hangs with.... A very good group of 2A House members....

I have no idea what Play Ball means, but yea you probably could name all 4. They certainly aren't people I'd really worry about, but just a few encouraging words can make a huge difference.

mspgunner

Art.1 Sec.8 of the United States Constitution is so very clear on the enumerated powers of the Federal Government. In the past few decades and most importantly recent events have demonstrated a disregard for the letter and spirit of this the most important document of our nation. Likewise the Bill of Rights and in particular the second amendment which is so simple and clear has come under repeated attack and restrictions. What is it about “Shall not be infringed” that is so hard to understand. The second amendment was created by those who drafted the document to give never ending and ultimate authority to the people of this great nation. Indeed as explained in so many other writings the goal was to ensure the Government would fear the people and not the other way around.
There is a bill in the Missouri Legislature, HB436 (The second Amendment Preservation Act) which cleared both the House and Senate and went to Governor Nixon. He has vetoed this bill. This bill asserts the State sovereignty of Missouri as described in the U.S. Constitution and the Art.1 Sec. 23 of the Missouri Constitution. The veto of this bill means State sovereignty just took a kick in the teeth. There have been two other 2nd amendment rallies in Jefferson City this year, one in January and one in April which attracted hundreds of second amendment supports each time.
"Gun Rights Across America" (GRAA) is hosting a rally at the Missouri Statehouse from 9:00AM - 11:00AM in response to Governor Nixon vetoing H.B. 436. The great people of Missouri have fought long and hard for this bill, and they are unwilling to let Gov. Nixon get away vetoing it without a fight.
This massive rally is getting the entire state of Missouri "fired up," and on 9/11/2013 several hundred to thousands of law abiding Missourians will gather at the Capitol. There are already several confirmed speakers: Senator Brian Nieves, Rep. Paul Curtman, Rep. Doug Funderburk,, Rep. Chuck Gatschenberger, Second Amendment Activist Marc Perez, CSC Talk Radio Host Bethanne Schoeneberg will emcee, and many more announcements to come!
This event is quickly gaining traction on social media outlets such as Facebook.com, https://www.facebook.com/events/1393281787555099/ where individuals in Missouri and nationwide have signed up to attend through the "Gun Rights Across America" main event page.

mspgunner

Poll from "The Missouri Times":
This Week's Poll Question

Which vetoed bill(s) do you think stand the best chance of being overridden?

The gun, federal nullification bill (HB436) (38%)

None of them will be overridden (23%)

The tax cut bill (HB 253) (14%)

The Doe Run bill (HB 650) (13%)

The motor vehicle fee increase bill (SB 51) (6%)

The statewide office vacancies bill (HB 110) (3%)

A different House or Senate bill (3%)

The gas ISRS bill (SB 240) (0%)

The worker's comp. database bill (SB 34) (0%)

Pac10

I will be there. I hope all understand this is about much more than OC, it's about all of our rights.

Pac10

HB 436 is more than just OC. Some one needs to read the constitution. Obviously the Governor is not listening.
Constitution? I have not been one to get involved before, but I think if you want to change things, best to start local and build. Seems like something else pops up every day where they, "elected officials", ignore the people they were elected by. Time for me to get involved, and a damn good place to start.

Not sure how I messed up the quote.

Last edited: