• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A Rally Jefferson City Sept. 11th!

mspgunner

HB 436 is more than just OC. Some one needs to read the constitution. Obviously the Governor is not listening.
Constitution? I have not been one to get involved before, but I think if you want to change things, best to start local and build. Seems like something else pops up every day where they, "elected officials", ignore the people they were elected by. Time for me to get involved, and a damn good place to start.

Not sure how I messed up the quote.

It's OK, the message is there.

NOW IS THE TIME TO STAND UP!

http://www.mofirst.org/emails/SAPA-Call-to-Action-07-31-2013.php

Last edited:

Griz

I dropped Ben Harris a letter. He supported it the first time. Hope he sticks with the yes vote.

Sent a note to the Dave Glover show, too.

mspgunner

We are looking for people and press coverage for the over ride of the veto of HB436. IT's simple... write a letter to the editor of your local paper. Express your opinion for 2A rights and HB436. Just do it.

Here is one of mine that was published. especially small town papers are always looking for things....

Make it happen, go to the rally, it counts, it matters!!!

http://www.newsmagazinenetwork.com/2013080638246/gun-rights-for-america/

MrLuke

We are looking for people and press coverage for the over ride of the veto of HB436. IT's simple... write a letter to the editor of your local paper. Express your opinion for 2A rights and HB436. Just do it.

Here is one of mine that was published. especially small town papers are always looking for things....

Make it happen, go to the rally, it counts, it matters!!!

http://www.newsmagazinenetwork.com/2013080638246/gun-rights-for-america/

How perfect is this. Wednesdays are my day off. I will be at the capitol building with people I would like to surround myself with.

And just to be ABSOLUTELY clear, we are or are we not open carrying to this event? or is it ban at the capitol building?

Last edited:

JEStucker

How perfect is this. Wednesdays are my day off. I will be at the capitol building with people I would like to surround myself with.

And just to be ABSOLUTELY clear, we are or are we not open carrying to this event? or is it ban at the capitol building?

Front steps/lawn of the Capitol Building and the grounds are posted... no carrying.

mspgunner

Front steps/lawn of the Capitol Building and the grounds are posted... no carrying.

"Code of state regulations ( CSR 35-1.050) witch pertains to use of Capitol building AND GROUNDS!
Guns or weapons of any kind except authorized by law enforcement."

Just the way it is.... some states have "Capitol carry". Heck write up a bill and send it to your legislators for next session.
It is easier then you think to write it, just express your opinon.
If I and my little group of 2A activists can get a bill to the Governor's desk you can also do it.
Nothing to it...

JEStucker

Sadly, due to circumstances beyond my control, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make the rally. On the plus side, looks like we may have a good representation from this side of the state based on those I've been talking to. I'm still doing all I can to spread the word, talking, handing out the GRAA Fliers that were posted (upset my wife a little on that one, she had just put new ink in her printer and I emptied the cartridges.) Phone calls are still going to reps, I'm thinking we have a good chance here.

mspgunner

Beside working on the rally Sept. 11th, answering questions from endless people, I also moved this week. Life is busy...
Justa reminder in Missouri Firearms are NOT permitted on capitol property"

Code of state regulations ( CSR 35-1.050) witch pertains to use of Capitol building AND GROUNDS!
Guns or weapons of any kind except authorized by law enforcement.

Do NOT bring your hand guns, not open , not concealed! Leave them in your vehicle.. PLEASE!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201773163386873&l=1b692d6cae

JEStucker

With everyone in spirit!

Tomorrow is the day!

Sadly I am unable to attend, but rest assured, many phone calls and many letters have been written in support of this over-ride.

Would be nice to get it onto the floor tomorrow and voted on, but there are up to 10 days in the session... I just think it would be awesome to win the day of the rally.

Looking forward to the pictures and seeing the turnout.

mspgunner

Tomorrow is the day!

Sadly I am unable to attend, but rest assured, many phone calls and many letters have been written in support of this over-ride.

Would be nice to get it onto the floor tomorrow and voted on, but there are up to 10 days in the session... I just think it would be awesome to win the day of the rally.

Looking forward to the pictures and seeing the turnout.

The effort has been made to have it heard tomorrow.. early in the veto session and then move to the Senate like "NOW", I don't want to spend days and days in J.C.
I think it will go early, fingers crossed. I'll speak with Tim Jones tomorrow, but it is really not up to him, it's the majority floor leader.