• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone tried to carry at the new Redskins training facility?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
If I'm reading it correctly, the facility is owned in part by the City of Richmond and according to their website, "The Richmond Economic Development Authority will manage the year-round operations and management of the facilities and fields."

and yes, their site says "no firearms".

Last edited:

TFred

If I'm reading it correctly, the facility is owned in part by the City of Richmond and according to their website, "The Richmond Economic Development Authority will manage the year-round operations and management of the facilities and fields."

and yes, their site says "no firearms".
Aww, you almost feel sorry for these poor ignorant people. They're going to be devastated - and some of them might even need to buy new pants.

TFred

TFred

It appears that the 17 acres is made up of two parcels:

http://eservices.ci.richmond.va.us/applications/PropertySearch/Detail.aspx?pin=N0001396021
http://eservices.ci.richmond.va.us/applications/PropertySearch/Detail.aspx?pin=N0001396001

The owner of record for both is:

COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA SCIENCE MUSEUM OF VIRGINIA

We know Bon Secours is virulently anti-gun, so it seems the question is what is their level of involvement? Are they just the name on the sign like any other sports name sponsorship? Or are they leasing the property from the state?

ETA: As ProShooter noted, the EDA has a major role, from this site we find:

"The Richmond Economic Development Authority will manage the year-round operations and management of the facilities and fields."

So if the EDA qualifies as "any authority", which is rather hard to deny, given their name, it seems open and shut.

TFred

Last edited:

TFred

I wonder who decided to ban firearms, and if it was the Redskins, I wonder if they would have signed up to come if they had known they couldn't do it.

This one is going to be very interesting to watch.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It appears that the 17 acres is made up of two parcels:

http://eservices.ci.richmond.va.us/applications/PropertySearch/Detail.aspx?pin=N0001396021
http://eservices.ci.richmond.va.us/applications/PropertySearch/Detail.aspx?pin=N0001396001

The owner of record for both is:

COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA SCIENCE MUSEUM OF VIRGINIA

We know Bon Secours is virulently anti-gun, so it seems the question is what is their level of involvement? Are they just the name on the sign like any other sports name sponsorship? Or are they leasing the property from the state?

ETA: As ProShooter noted, the EDA has a major role, from this site we find:

"The Richmond Economic Development Authority will manage the year-round operations and management of the facilities and fields."

So if the EDA qualifies as "any authority", which is rather hard to deny, given their name, it seems open and shut.

TFred

I do not see that who manages the facility has any bearing.

While the Science Museum apparently owns the land, there is the question of who owns the "facilities and fields" and is there any lease, propriatary position, to be considered. If there is such a lease with the Redskiins, then yes they probably are in a position to make the rules.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I do not see that who manages the facility has any bearing.

While the Science Museum apparently owns the land, there is the question of who owns the "facilities and fields" and is there any lease, propriatary position, to be considered. If there is such a lease with the Redskiins, then yes they probably are in a position to make the rules.

http://www.oag.state.va.us/Opinions and Legal Resources/Opinions/2010opns/10-009-Greason.pdf - because someone did not ask the right question the right way.

But can you get to the City park without having to go through a field interview with security and/or RPD?

stay safe.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
http://www.oag.state.va.us/Opinions and Legal Resources/Opinions/2010opns/10-009-Greason.pdf - because someone did not ask the right question the right way.

But can you get to the City park without having to go through a field interview with security and/or RPD?

stay safe.

Ahhh, but is this an "event", or a permanent use of the facility?

"You inquire whether a private entity that has
leased property from a local government for the
purpose of hosting an event may lawfully prohibit
persons from carrying a firearm on such property and
for such event."

"Response
It is my opinion that a private entity leasing
government property for an event generally may
regulate or prohibit the carrying or possession of
firearms on that property for such event. "

kenny

The playing fields are fenced and gated. There is security checkpoint per the newspaper. Bon Secours has an unposted policy. The rule is don't ask, don't tell if you are in a building. Open carry not so sure about that. Lots of uniformed muscle. FYI the food ain't cheap, burger and a bottled water $11.00. Please don't pay to parked in one of the over priced lots. Just park on a neighborhood street like everyone else. By the way, those hogs come in all shapes and sizes.