• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan preemption question

TheQ

I have long beleived this to be a coordinated effort to keep the number of law-abiding citizens carrying to as few people as possible by authorities. In their minds far better to have under 400,000 people carrying (mostly) CONCEALED scattered across the state, than having potentially MILLIONS of eligible citizens carrying openly. :uhoh:

I think the VAST majority if Americans (over 90%) have ZERO interest in carrying a gun in their daily life.

xmanhockey7

I think the VAST majority if Americans (over 90%) have ZERO interest in carrying a gun in their daily life.

I agree, but I do believe there a schemes to keep the number of people carrying down. Reference Illinois and I want to say the state of Maryland had a case where someone had a carry permit (may issue) and we he went to renew he was denied. Nothing had changed in his life and he had not committed any crimes, but their aim was to keep the number of permits issued down.

FreeInAZ

Could be right? So by that # we should have 30+ Million US citizens carrying legally, correct? Where are they? How come we never hear from them in the many attacks on gun rights/civil rights? My point we get the government we deserve. Sit on couch & biotch about things, guess what? Nothing will change. (Not directed at posters here).

FreeInAZ

That's not what was said. 10% could have an "interest", while far less could have enough interest to carry, let alone open carry.

You did see the COULD BE RIGHT @ the front of my post, right? We all know it's far less, sadly, this is why politicians really can care less about us few in numbers. "We" are bug guts on their "teeny tiny" mental windshield's as they fly down the highway of right's be damned. :what::eek:

packeagle

Just got a reply from the township supervisor that they will amend the ordinance and remove the no weapons portion of the sign.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

B

Bikenut

Just got a reply from the township supervisor that they will amend the ordinance and remove the no weapons portion of the sign.

Excellent! Good work!

Now if everyone would address the illegal ordinances just in their own general area.....

Raggs

Chuck are you stalking me? It my SIG line so chill.

Stay informed about events in your area http://miopencarry.org/updates

Generally sig lines fall below the line, like the REST of your signature does. Signatures also generally don't show up in quotes, but you know that. Why do you feel the need to try to get people from here to go to the other forum for information that is quite available here? Be honest now.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Generally sig lines fall below the line, like the REST of your signature does. Signatures also generally don't show up in quotes, but you know that. Why do you feel the need to try to get people from here to go to the other forum for information that is quite available here? Be honest now.

Not on Tapatalk.

Look at all the posts that have the following and where it is placed:

Last edited: