Thread: MCB Quantico

MCB Quantico

Hey justed moved on base. Wondering if we had any fellow Marine OCers that wanted to do a meetngreet for lunch om saturdaybin stafford
    “The constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the united states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms”

Alexander Hamilton

MCB Quantico

I would but I'm stationed at Oceana. If I'm ever up that way we'll have to set something up.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_shawn1990 View Post
    Hey justed moved on base. Wondering if we had any fellow Marine OCers that wanted to do a meetngreet for lunch om saturdaybin stafford
    Build it and they will come. Put date in title and ask for a stickie.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    There are several of us on here that live in the greater Stafford area. I live in North Stafford and I'd love to get together for an OC lunch.

Cap&Ball and I aren't Marines, but we'd be happy to do lunch with OCers in Quantico area.

I'm also stationed at Quantico, though I spend my weekends and leave down in Richmond generally.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHelm View Post
    I'm also stationed at Quantico, though I spend my weekends and leave down in Richmond generally.
    We regularly have a Greater Richmond OC breakfast every Sat. - look for a sticky on Thurs. or Fri. giving location.

Come on by and get the latest scoop and help us solve the problems of the world. Always glad to meet new people.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    We regularly have a Greater Richmond OC breakfast every Sat. - look for a sticky on Thurs. or Fri. giving location.

Come on by and get the latest scoop and help us solve the problems of the world. Always glad to meet new people.
    GRAPE, "i spend my weekend leave in richmond" that's code for "i've got prettier company to hang out with on weekends than you old farts"

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    GRAPE, "i spend my weekend leave in richmond" that's code for "i've got prettier company to hang out with on weekends than you old farts"
    Hah! You guessed it. My girlfriend of 2.5 years lives in RVA, so it's my natural off-duty hangout. Plus it's such a fun town; I love all the bars and historic buildings. I used to think I wanted to go back to California when I finished my active duty here, but Richmond's won me over bigtime. Can't wait to go to school here when I transition to the Reserve side.

But yeah I'll definitely drop in on one of the OC breakfasts. Weekends are the best time for me, assuming I'm not still passed out from the previous night's rum storm.
    Last edited by SteelHelm; 07-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHelm View Post

But yeah I'll definitely drop in on one of the OC breakfasts. Weekends are the best time for me, assuming I'm not still passed out from the previous night's rum storm.
    The coffee flows freely at breakfast. The floors are carpeted so that even if something falls it does not make a lot of noise. And speaking of noise, the loudest you will hear is the Oulde Phartes yelling at each other to turn up their hearing aids.

Come on out to breakfast and bring your reason for commuting to Richmond with you. (We need all the civilizing influences we can get.)

stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-22-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: fixed format
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Build it and they will come. Put date in title and ask for a stickie.
    who do i ask for a sticky? once i figure a time and date and location, i will do so.
    “The constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the united states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms”

Alexander Hamilton

who do i ask for a sticky? once i figure a time and date and location, i will do so.
    Moi

Look at richmond OC breakfast, bullying there way in stealing my thunder. lol. Hmm how to defeat the old pharts?..???..

Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke View Post
    Cap&Ball and I aren't Marines, but we'd be happy to do lunch with OCers in Quantico area.
    great, wasnt really looking for only marines, its just the majority in the area. anyone is welcome. i will work on time place and location. any ideas of locations are welcomed
    Last edited by lil_shawn1990; 07-23-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Alexander Hamilton

Look at richmond OC breakfast, bullying there way in stealing my thunder. lol. Hmm how to defeat the old pharts?..???..
    From Grapeshot's signature line

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.
    .. and then, when you do think you're winning, he'll just allow his hearing aid to fall out so he can't hear you anyway .. come on down, if we know in advance you're coming we'll be sure to stay on the northside of Richmond

Cool up for it

I work at MCB, actually the National Museum of the Marine Corps, so I'd be up for lunch. What about the Globe and Laurel? Oh, and I'm a Jarhead, former-type, issue one-each.

SF
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    From Grapeshot's signature line

.. and then, when you do think you're winning, he'll just allow his hearing aid to fall out so he can't hear you anyway .. come on down, if we know in advance you're coming we'll be sure to stay on the northside of Richmond
    I guess im gonna come on down this saturday then. So I can see how yall do things down there beforw i start one in quantico. Gonna have a 2 1\2 year old tag-a-long tho lol. My wife is heading to nc for the weekend.

Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by PJMooney View Post
    I work at MCB, actually the National Museum of the Marine Corps, so I'd be up for lunch. What about the Globe and Laurel? Oh, and I'm a Jarhead, former-type, issue one-each.

SF
    Pat
    That sounds good. Ill contact them to make sure we arent gonna have any issues with staff. Maybe we can look at doing it on the 2nd of Aug.

Alexander Hamilton

I guess im gonna come on down this saturday then. So I can see how yall do things down there beforw i start one in quantico. Gonna have a 2 1\2 year old tag-a-long tho lol. My wife is heading to nc for the weekend.
    Come on down and definitely bring the smaller unit with you - the interaction is great & there is generally at least one other.

They format is loose and free flowing - course current topics do tend to dominate. An hour or two of face tiime will offer more information that days/weeks of on-line searching. Friendships are made and solidified at such meet-ups. You can't break bread with brother and not take something positive back with you.

Come on down and definitely bring the smaller unit with you - the interaction is great & there is generally at least one other.

They format is loose and free flowing - course current topics do tend to dominate. An hour or two of face tiime will offer more information that days/weeks of on-line searching. Friendships are made and solidified at such meet-ups. You can't break bread with brother and not take something positive back with you.
    Yeh, i'm all about having coffe with a bunch of wise (ass) old men talking about current topics lol. I feel skin startle to wrinkle as we speak lol. But yeh sounds great, count me in lol

Alexander Hamilton

I'm in for something around Quantico. I work at the Russell Knox Building on the other side of 95 so I'm available as well.

Just spoke with the manager on staff at The Globe and Laurel, forgot to get his name but he said that they would be happy to serve us and to just call and make a reservation before to make sure they have seating available for us. The lady that answered the phone first told me that there was no carry unless you were in uniform or on assignment, so i told her to let me speak with the manager. The manager told me that he conceals (good to know) but he liked the idea and said there are always alot of FBI and cops in their and he thinks it would be good to promote the good conduct of OC'ers there. I think we should hit this up on the 3rd of August.
    Last edited by lil_shawn1990; 07-25-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Alexander Hamilton