• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MCB Quantico

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm also stationed at Quantico, though I spend my weekends and leave down in Richmond generally.
We regularly have a Greater Richmond OC breakfast every Sat. - look for a sticky on Thurs. or Fri. giving location.

Come on by and get the latest scoop and help us solve the problems of the world. Always glad to meet new people.

67GT390FB

We regularly have a Greater Richmond OC breakfast every Sat. - look for a sticky on Thurs. or Fri. giving location.

Come on by and get the latest scoop and help us solve the problems of the world. Always glad to meet new people.

GRAPE, "i spend my weekend leave in richmond" that's code for "i've got prettier company to hang out with on weekends than you old farts"

SteelHelm

GRAPE, "i spend my weekend leave in richmond" that's code for "i've got prettier company to hang out with on weekends than you old farts"

Hah! You guessed it. My girlfriend of 2.5 years lives in RVA, so it's my natural off-duty hangout. Plus it's such a fun town; I love all the bars and historic buildings. I used to think I wanted to go back to California when I finished my active duty here, but Richmond's won me over bigtime. Can't wait to go to school here when I transition to the Reserve side.

But yeah I'll definitely drop in on one of the OC breakfasts. Weekends are the best time for me, assuming I'm not still passed out from the previous night's rum storm.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

But yeah I'll definitely drop in on one of the OC breakfasts. Weekends are the best time for me, assuming I'm not still passed out from the previous night's rum storm.

The coffee flows freely at breakfast. The floors are carpeted so that even if something falls it does not make a lot of noise. And speaking of noise, the loudest you will hear is the Oulde Phartes yelling at each other to turn up their hearing aids.

Come on out to breakfast and bring your reason for commuting to Richmond with you. (We need all the civilizing influences we can get.)

stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

lil_shawn1990

Look at richmond OC breakfast, bullying there way in stealing my thunder. :cuss: :banghead: lol. Hmm how to defeat the old pharts?..???.. :eek:

lil_shawn1990

Cap&Ball and I aren't Marines, but we'd be happy to do lunch with OCers in Quantico area.

great, wasnt really looking for only marines, its just the majority in the area. anyone is welcome. i will work on time place and location. any ideas of locations are welcomed

Last edited:

scouser

Look at richmond OC breakfast, bullying there way in stealing my thunder. :cuss: :banghead: lol. Hmm how to defeat the old pharts?..???.. :eek:

From Grapeshot's signature line

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

.. and then, when you do think you're winning, he'll just allow his hearing aid to fall out so he can't hear you anyway .. come on down, if we know in advance you're coming we'll be sure to stay on the northside of Richmond

PJMooney

up for it

I work at MCB, actually the National Museum of the Marine Corps, so I'd be up for lunch. What about the Globe and Laurel? Oh, and I'm a Jarhead, former-type, issue one-each.

SF
Pat

lil_shawn1990

From Grapeshot's signature line

.. and then, when you do think you're winning, he'll just allow his hearing aid to fall out so he can't hear you anyway .. come on down, if we know in advance you're coming we'll be sure to stay on the northside of Richmond

I guess im gonna come on down this saturday then. So I can see how yall do things down there beforw i start one in quantico. Gonna have a 2 1\2 year old tag-a-long tho lol. My wife is heading to nc for the weekend.

lil_shawn1990

I work at MCB, actually the National Museum of the Marine Corps, so I'd be up for lunch. What about the Globe and Laurel? Oh, and I'm a Jarhead, former-type, issue one-each.

SF
Pat

That sounds good. Ill contact them to make sure we arent gonna have any issues with staff. Maybe we can look at doing it on the 2nd of Aug.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I guess im gonna come on down this saturday then. So I can see how yall do things down there beforw i start one in quantico. Gonna have a 2 1\2 year old tag-a-long tho lol. My wife is heading to nc for the weekend.
Come on down and definitely bring the smaller unit with you - the interaction is great & there is generally at least one other.

They format is loose and free flowing - course current topics do tend to dominate. An hour or two of face tiime will offer more information that days/weeks of on-line searching. Friendships are made and solidified at such meet-ups. You can't break bread with brother and not take something positive back with you.

lil_shawn1990

Come on down and definitely bring the smaller unit with you - the interaction is great & there is generally at least one other.

They format is loose and free flowing - course current topics do tend to dominate. An hour or two of face tiime will offer more information that days/weeks of on-line searching. Friendships are made and solidified at such meet-ups. You can't break bread with brother and not take something positive back with you.

Yeh, i'm all about having coffe with a bunch of wise (ass) old men talking about current topics lol. I feel skin startle to wrinkle as we speak lol. But yeh sounds great, count me in lol