• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Changing From Non Resident to Resident CHP

Esanders2008

YES! I broached this idea about a year ago, when I realized that there was in fact very little difference between the purchase check and the CHP check. The more common the CHP is, the less special it is, the easier it will be to roll over to Constitutional Carry. If the first step is to make every legal gun owner a CHP holder, then there is no difference between that and Constitutional Carry, other than the silly piece of paper!

TFred

Well there ARE some differences that would have to be addressed. For example, you can purchase a handgun if you have a pending charge of domestic violence (as you have not been found guilty at the time of charging), but that is a DQ for a CHP

swinokur

Activist Member
WI honors the VA NR permit but not the resident permit. They claim resident background checks don't use NICS so they won't honor a VA resident permit.

Dumb IMO.

t11spanner

I have been known to fracture a few rules or two in my time. LOL!

Thank you guys again for a very instructional conversation. My advice to him will be to take the code to the CoC, with all of his application stuff ready for turn in and see what happens.

Just as a side note, while I OC 95% of the time, this is where I come for my direction whether it is OC or CC. To much knowledge with in to ignore.

Carl

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
stirsthepot3.gif

Citizens arrest !
Citizens Arrest !

Miranda Warning: You have the right to make an idiot of yourself by bringing up old conflict. You have the right to look a fool for continuing to minimize the importance of cites. You have the right to raise juvenile objections, and simmer and fester on them for weeks. You had the right to counsel, got counsel, and ignored it. You can stop talking at any time.

And, I have the right to call you out. If you don't like it, you can try an actual refutation based on sound logic and argument. Otherwise, you're just childishly whining about members of a self-moderating forum actually self-moderating.

Got any good reasons you or others should ignore the rule about cites?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Miranda Warning: You have the right to make an idiot of yourself by bringing up old conflict. You have the right to look a fool for continuing to minimize the importance of cites. You have the right to raise juvenile objections, and simmer and fester on them for weeks. You had the right to counsel, got counsel, and ignored it. You can stop talking at any time.

And, I have the right to call you out. If you don't like it, you can try an actual refutation based on sound logic and argument. Otherwise, you're just childishly whining about members of a self-moderating forum actually self-moderating.

Got any good reasons you or others should ignore the rule about cites?

But, but...I quoted the rule. You mean there are rules to be obeyed because YOU think so....and there are rules to be ignored because you are narrow minded, conceited, bitchy and overbearing?

And yeah, I have the same rights as you so if you want to have a ******* match...I can keep it up for years.