• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Rachel Jeantel mentally retarded?

Is Rachel Jeantel mentally retarded?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Not only do highly publicized trials give everyone on the internet a law degree, but a psychology degree as well?

IT DOESN'T MATTER whether she has an IQ above or below 100; what matters is what she does with what she has

All the internet polls in the world won't change that.

WalkingWolf

She is a product of the black hate, and white guilt system. It is the culture of the inner cities to ignore education for street creds. A culture that our politicians have fertilized with their dung. And the violent and uneducated street culture is growing very well.

Ca Patriot

Mina - I think your obsession with Zimmerman trial bares a striking resemble to your obsession with Christianity.

You should explore that and see if you come up with anything that could help your life.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I suspect that none of us is qualified to speak to her mental capabilities. Certainly, Piers Morgan thinks she's a "smart cookie."

Rather, she is a great example of her acculturation. Those of us who have not grown up in that culture have a very difficult time understanding their attitudes and language. To me, it is similar to working with someone from the deep south -- their idioms and language usage tend to present a different kind of culture to Northerners, but I learned a very long time ago that a drawl and a different way of expressing things have nothing to do with mental capabilities. Some of the sharpest minds I have interacted with are from the South.

We should all be careful about drawing conclusions based on how someone speaks or evidences their cultural attitudes...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Not only do highly publicized trials give everyone on the internet a law degree, but a psychology degree as well?

IT DOESN'T MATTER whether she has an IQ above or below 100; what matters is what she does with what she has

All the internet polls in the world won't change that.

+1

EMNofSeattle

This thread is derogatory and unnessecary.

This is way below the standards of decency that the gun community should be expressing.

I can expect disagreement, I can go for people evaluating Jeantel's statements since she made them publically and public statements are always fair game for argument or rebuttal, but calling someone derogatory names and then posting polls asking people to validate that for you is a low blow. as they say on another gun forum "that's definitely the low road"

eye95

I clicked "undecided" because I do not know. No one here does. Most likely she is not--even if she is of unusually low intelligence.

And, for those who say it doesn't matter, oh YES it does! Not to how kindly and respectfully she should be treated. Her behavior will determine that. But we should always deal with people of diminished intelligence differently than we do those with above-average intelligence. It is reasonable to do so.

This world of political correctness has gotten so out of hand that folks are afraid to deal differently, but reasonably, with disabled (yeah, I said it) people.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It seems apparent to me that her IQ is well under 100. Thoughts?

Low Functioning, or
Mentally Retarded, or
Educably Mentally Retarded, or
Trainably Mentally Retarded, or
Functionably Mentally Retarded, or
Severely Mentally retarded, or
Profoundly Mentally Retarded?
Want to look at Moron or Idiot?*

Perhaps Cognitively Dysfunctional?

Intellectually Challenged?

Intellectually Unaware?

Or just does not think the right thoughts in the right way?**

stay safe.

* - We lost these descriptive diagnoses somewhere between DSM II and DSM V. In some ways it may be less helpful than the PC Police thought it would be.

** - As determined by the person making the decision about what is right and is the right way.

How can I vote until I know what I'm voting Yes or No about?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The question (thread title) is inappropriate for OCDO and beneath our standards.

Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.