• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAF sues Seattle over gun buyback records request

triehl27

Not real surprised.

When I went through it, they had no less the 4 SPD officers in civilian garb, photographing the two car lines. They had let KOMO set up immediately next to the car lines and filming everyone and SPD was laughing and joking with them, standing right with Diaz, infact one of the questions I over heard was "Will it be edited or can we get just the raw video?" From and SPD command officer over the yellow ribbon to the KOMO reporter. At which point I snapped shots of all 4 photographers moving through the car lines, and was asked not to take their photo. I replied you didn't ask to take mine, your in uniform under that fleece, so if you took mine i'm taking yours sitting there with your camera. Since SPD guaranteed anonymity, no cameras, no filming, and clearly were breaking their word. 2 Officers, 1 forensics, and 1 in total civi's except for his SPD Id hanging from his neck. Plus the KOMO crew, that were only about 3 feet away from the cars filming. When I asked about the photographers and KOMO, I was told this "Oh they're the media we can't control what they do... you know how it is" When confronted about the command officer's comments to KOMO and the obvious photographers being SPD, I got this back "Well you know what they say, No Comment, ha ha" Very jovial like it was a big joke.

The whole thing was a freaking joke! Turned into a gun show, then we all got lied to about the melting down of the guns into "Peace Bricks"

I am glad Diaz stepped down, and I look forward to the day McGinn is out of office, THEN maybe there can start being some improvements, I am tired of McGinn's lies, that get blamed on everyone else. I've been lied to directly about the Bars staying open later, about the state leaving the liq business, and about the gun buy back, all replies out of McGinn's office.

Alpine

I would like to see another "buyback" soon. I could use a few more weapons.

I've been following this very closely, I am hoping they'll have another one before school starts so I can get in more outdoor shooting while the whether's good.

I noticed there hasn't been a peep from McGoo's office since that initial comment where he thought he could "restrict commerce" and thereby stop private gun sales at the next buyback. I guess they know it was a bluff and they don't want to repeat it too often lest someone call attention to it. If they really thought they could do it you'd have seen some follow-up comment when Fascist-letti got that article in Komo recently about how angry they were @ WA-Ceasefire b/c McGoo didn't consult them before the buyback.

sudden valley gunner

When I went through it, they had no less the 4 SPD officers in civilian garb, photographing the two car lines. They had let KOMO set up immediately next to the car lines and filming everyone and SPD was laughing and joking with them, standing right with Diaz, infact one of the questions I over heard was "Will it be edited or can we get just the raw video?" From and SPD command officer over the yellow ribbon to the KOMO reporter. At which point I snapped shots of all 4 photographers moving through the car lines, and was asked not to take their photo. I replied you didn't ask to take mine, your in uniform under that fleece, so if you took mine i'm taking yours sitting there with your camera. Since SPD guaranteed anonymity, no cameras, no filming, and clearly were breaking their word. 2 Officers, 1 forensics, and 1 in total civi's except for his SPD Id hanging from his neck. Plus the KOMO crew, that were only about 3 feet away from the cars filming. When I asked about the photographers and KOMO, I was told this "Oh they're the media we can't control what they do... you know how it is" When confronted about the command officer's comments to KOMO and the obvious photographers being SPD, I got this back "Well you know what they say, No Comment, ha ha" Very jovial like it was a big joke.

The whole thing was a freaking joke! Turned into a gun show, then we all got lied to about the melting down of the guns into "Peace Bricks"

I am glad Diaz stepped down, and I look forward to the day McGinn is out of office, THEN maybe there can start being some improvements, I am tired of McGinn's lies, that get blamed on everyone else. I've been lied to directly about the Bars staying open later, about the state leaving the liq business, and about the gun buy back, all replies out of McGinn's office.

....and the facial recognition units at the entrance....

davidmcbeth

Banned
And away we go.....
:banana: :banghead: :banana:

The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit against the City of Seattle, alleging that the city did not comply with a request for documents relating to January’s gun buyback under the Public Records Act.

http://www.examiner.com/article/saf-sues-city-of-seattle-over-withheld-public-records

I like SAF. The best outcome is to get the records ... no real punitive stuff that would stop them from doing it again..our FOI Act is weak in this regard.

Now I have a case pending in Superior Court, regarding a legislative violation of our open meeting act provisions of our FOI Act...with the relief being to void the PA-13/200 - CT's new draconian gun law. Here, the FOI Act can be useful in respect to knocking out anti legislation entirely w/o regard to any constitutional queries. Violate the act & its like dominoes ... every thing past that illegal meeting gets knocked down.

Last edited: