• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dshs not firearm or family friendly!

amlevin

Unless something has changed in the last ten years the foster to adopt program should still exist. My wife and I adopted through the state ten years ago and it actually went very smooth. Yes they check your back ground and do a few home studies but it wasn't bad at all. I didn't OC at that time and for the sake of pleasing the state all my guns were locked in the safe when they came to visit. Hopefully the people who gave the class you went to are wrong and you are still able to adopt thru the state. There are a lot of good kids out there that could use a good home. Best of luck to you.

I confirmed that it still was in effect with my Daughter on Tuesday. She's got several friends that are in the final process of adopting a child that they "fostered".

Blueslant

I think that they are "related" to worksource, which has the same rules/signs.

I have always carried in worksource. The sign clearly states that the unlawful possession of a weapon is prohibited. At least in Yakima.

None of the staff have thus far corrected my interpretation of that sign.