• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No person should be required to turn their back on a criminal attack.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What validity, merit/benfit will this have w/o wet signatures and contact/verification details?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
What validity, merit/benfit will this have w/o wet signatures and contact/verification details?

It, like any other petition that is not tied to a specific legal result such as a recall election or ballot initiative, is useful for showing that people are supportive of a position. Were it not for our 2010 open carry petition in Florida, HB-463 would never have been filed. They are highly useful tools that OCDO uses in every state where OC is banned. It was also a great talking point and lobbying tool in Oklahoma.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

It will allow summer soldiers to feel that they have Done Something[SUP]TM[/SUP].

Publish the email addresses and phone numbers of every legislator and offer a canned message/script for folks to use. Have a spot for folks to insert their name and ZIP+4 address so the recipient knows the message is from someone in their district if not an actual voter. (As much as a million copies of the same email are not as effective as a million original emails, they still get the message across.)

stay safe.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
It will allow summer soldiers to feel that they have Done Something[SUP]TM[/SUP].

Publish the email addresses and phone numbers of every legislator and offer a canned message/script for folks to use. Have a spot for folks to insert their name and ZIP+4 address so the recipient knows the message is from someone in their district if not an actual voter. (As much as a million copies of the same email are not as effective as a million original emails, they still get the message across.)

stay safe.

We have people engage legislators all the time during committee weeks, the legislative session, and when an otherwise actionable issue is ripe. This is all prep for the next session.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We have people engage legislators all the time during committee weeks, the legislative session, and when an otherwise actionable issue is ripe. This is all prep for the next session.

With all due respect, it is a waste of time and electrons.

If the time is not currently ripe to contact your legislators via email and phone calls, how will they know next session that you were PO'd from now until then, as opposed to knee-jerking to news reports about legislative proposals about issues that nobody seemed to care about until they suddenly made the news?

Their activity is unrelenting. They use every opportunity to push their agenda. Why do you save it all up until things are "ripe"?

Not that I care, except that if this horse hockey gets through in Florida it could spread to where I live.

stay safe.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
stay safe.
This is Truth! Citizenship is a verb. If you want something bad enough you will fight for it, not just sign a petition that will change nothing.

With all due respect, it is a waste of time and electrons.
Their activity is unrelenting. They use every opportunity to push their agenda. Why do you save it all up until things are "ripe"?

Not that I care, except that if this horse hockey gets through in Florida it could spread to where I live.
stay safe.

As Skid mentioned the squeaky wheel gets the worm. Email, write, call, visit, tell other people about them. DO something that will benefit the Community. Be Proud of it, Be American and get control of them.

eye95

They start adding asterisks. After a certain number of asterisks...

I think I just got another asterisk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>