Thread: Kesselrings loses firerams license

Kesselrings loses firerams license

BURLINGTON For more than 65 years, Kesselring Gun Shop has sold firearms to the hunters, collectors and protectors among us.
    But starting Oct. 1, the family-owned shop will sell firearms no more.
    Nobody will say why.
    Don Kesselring, reached at his shop by phone Wednesday, said he had made a deal with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Part of the deal means not talking about why his business lost its license.

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/k...8acc23bfa.html

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-father View Post
    BURLINGTON For more than 65 years, Kesselring Gun Shop has sold firearms to the hunters, collectors and protectors among us.
    But starting Oct. 1, the family-owned shop will sell firearms no more.
    Nobody will say why.
    Don Kesselring, reached at his shop by phone Wednesday, said he had made a deal with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Part of the deal means not talking about why his business lost its license.

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/k...8acc23bfa.html
    Probably forgot to pay the Government thugs' protection money.

Perhaps he refused to straw purchase to one of Holders thugs.

Well, in 1995 or 1996, the ATF tried to make the same deal with me .. claiming I'd be going to prison for the rest of my natural life and whats nots...I said NO DEAL...kept my license and continued on w/o further issues...like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etEChP92A0s

Now in 1995 or 1996, they scared many to give up their license. My neighbor gave up his, and his neighbor (I had many neighbors with ffls).

Why these guys gave up their license is unknown ... you can file a FOI request if one is curious.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-19-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

"Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)
    [/I]

What has happened to transparency ?
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

It's public information, right? So it should be available to anyone via a FOIA request.

I'm guessing that the why would point out wrong doing by the ATF.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    It's public information, right? So it should be available to anyone via a FOIA request.
    Yup ... I'm too busy regarding foia requests right now (have about 30 on my plate) ..
    Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

"Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)
    [/I]

They stated on their FB page that they are "voluntarily surrendering" their FFL. The scuttlebutt in the area is that there were a lot of discrepancies in their last two BATFE paperwork audits.

This sucks there one of the only blue label dealers near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

If they are "voluntarily" giving it up then I would think that they can reapply at a later date. Versus having it stripped and fighting it in US District Court and losing.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    If they are "voluntarily" giving it up then I would think that they can reapply at a later date. Versus having it stripped and fighting it in US District Court and losing.
    According to the FB posting they fought hard through the administrative process.

There's a major issue here that nobody wants to talk publicly about. Their license had never been properly transferred to the operating family member for one thing. Those who've been in contact with the owner and others have found that it was a whole list of issues.

Anyone whose ever shopped there has probably noticed the lax security of all the firearms out on the floor. Easy to visualize how an AR or two might have "walked out" on a busy Saturday. BATFE doesn't seem to differentiate whether a firearm was Stolen, Misplaced, or Illegally Sold. If it's history isn't spelled out in the book it's a violation and enough of them usually ends in loss of license.

According to other information posted a family member will resume selling firearms at their new location with range in Burlington. The old location will remain an accessories, parts, and ammo store.

With all the current events you can pretty much bet that the BATFE will be cracking down on on ALL FFL's who have gaps in their records.

GoGo, didn't that happen with your old employer?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

GoGo, didn't that happen with your old employer?
    Yes and a whole host of other issues. Some of these owners are so casual and just don't get it. Bill and I fixed the issue but it was too late....
    Live Free or Die!

Probably found an "i" that was not dotted on a 4473.

Yes and a whole host of other issues. Some of these owners are so casual and just don't get it. Bill and I fixed the issue but it was too late....
    Considering that Kesselring's has been around since 1947, and through 3 generations with a 4th generation working in the Store, no doubt there has been an accumulation of issues which often add up to one huge one.

The average individual has no idea how many firearms they have/had in that small store. Last I heard they had over 2K to sell off from an inventory that was at one time more than 4k.

I'm going to miss their "contract overrun's" on pistols they brought in to fill PD orders. The Sig I carry is one of those.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I wonder how many of their customers have been in the basement?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    I wonder how many of their customers have been in the basement?
    To hear the people I know talk about it, apparently all of them.

Its easier to get a ffl than a pistol permit .... I prefer it that way

[/I]