• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 7/20

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 7/20 9:30 A.M.

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95...................
view map
803 East Parham Rd

804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

User, Dan Hawes, as indicated he will be in town Sat. morning, will be hungary, should be able to make it in time.

Things to do after breakfast:

Shockoe Tomato Festival - Farmer's Market, Richmond. I'll be going to this after breakfast w/GSL stickers.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?115829-9th-Annual-Shockoe-Bottom-Tomato-Festival

http://www.richmond.com/calendar/festival/event_0a2dcbbc-b0f6-11e2-bf56-0019bb30f31a.html

National Civil War and Antique Arms Show - Richmond International Raceway in Richmond, VA on July 20th and 21st, 2013. Great show held in conjuntion with the National WWI and WWII Show. Please note the show has changed dates from August to July and moved from the Showplace to the Richmond Interenational Raceway complex. This is the same place as the November Richmond show.
http://www.bulletandshell.com/Stuff/Shows.htm

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just got off the phone with User - he will be in town Monday (something about wanting to get some papers served) so is going to blow us off for Saturday breakfast.

My attendance at breakfast is iffy. Depends on what the folks at the VA Hurtspital have to say.

stay safe.

sidestreet

Well, it's been a heck of a week...,

and it's no where near over yet. I might be able to get by for a few, but it's doubtful. Will not be at the Tomato festival, so have fun all, maybe see some of you after the weekend.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I will see about coming out to breakfast tomorrow, it will be nice to meet some folks from the boards, in person.

Will you need a ride from the airport? Or are you coming in on Greyhound?

Seriously, I'm going to try delaying dealing with the VA Hurtspital until after breakfast just to meet you.

stay safe.

CavTrooperCason

See you guys there!

After 2 weeks of heavy fighting I must regretfully say we were unable to take Gettysburg yet again. So you can expect this old rebel to swing by for some R&R.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Driving up from Norfolk, I am over here for work/school.

If we're not outside at the newspaper machine, we'll be inside at the first long table to the left.
Any of the restaurant staff seeing an OCd gun will point you to us. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
15 hearty appetites were satisfied both with food and good conversation.

It was great seeing the members of the Ol' Phart's Club, the young bucks and our newest attendee, CavTrooperCason who drove up from Tidewater.

Short interesting note Re: Shockoe Tomato Festival - 1st Amendment rights denied - I was told you can't do that here - forced to chose between trespass charge and leaving. Read more about this on link following beginning with post #15
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Bottom-Tomato-Festival&p=1963231#post1963231

CavTrooperCason

I think your confused...

15 hearty appetites were satisfied both with food and good conversation.

It was great seeing the members of the Ol' Phart's Club, the young bucks and our newest attendee, CavTrooperCason who drove up from Tidewater.

Short interesting note Re: Shockoe Tomato Festival - 1st Amendment rights denied - I was told you can't do that here - forced to chose between trespass charge and leaving. Read more about this on link following beginning with post #15
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Bottom-Tomato-Festival&p=1963231#post1963231

Dale, I "Bruce" have been to several breakfasts with you guys and I drove from Staunton. "Feeling really loved :p" I think you are thinking about the guy from Washington state who is attending school in the tidewater area. Vitaeus I beleive.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
After everyone but Joe and I were gone, we were at our reserved smoking table (Newspaper stand outside) and a fellow with no nose rode up on a Harley.

He looked at my bike, then at us, then went inside. Then he came back out and asked if we were security. I said, no, we're just exercising our second amendment rights to keep and bear arms.

Then he told us how he carried three guns plus had XXXX guns at home and one he had taken off of a Viet Cong somebody, he'd killed:eek:

Then he said he liked big bullets, which of course necessitated me pulling one of my purdy boolits out for show and tell. All he could say was..."that'd hurt".:rolleyes:

It was time to go so we said goodbye to each other and the fellow with no nose, who replied..."Nice bike". So ended another legendary Saturday breakfast.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dale, I "Bruce" have been to several breakfasts with you guys and I drove from Staunton. "Feeling really loved :p" I think you are thinking about the guy from Washington state who is attending school in the tidewater area. Vitaeus I beleive.
Trying to keep the association between screen/user names and real names is not one of my strong suits -sorry guys.

DoubleTap can hear a name once and never forget it. Don't know how she does it.