• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Challenging LA CC law

Ryan O

Hello,
While I know this is a opencarry forum, I am posting this here as it affects both OC and CC in Louisiana. I will be filing a challenge against the current CC laws in Louisiana using the strict scrutiny verbage of the amended second amendment in the LA constitution late aug/early sept. While this does not directly affect OC laws and statutes currently throughout the state of LA, it will setup a standard that the courts can go by when deciding on this such as the parade route statutes,demonstration statutes, and other pertinent OC and CC laws. I encourage those interested in learning more to visit the LOCAL(Louisiana open carry) organizations forum. I have posted the link below to both the main LOCAL homepage for those interested in reading the LOCAL mission or other information about the organization and also a link to the forums where the information on the upcoming case is posted.
http://www.laopencarry.org/ (LA open carry homepage with info and mission statement etc)
http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/legal-center-f14.html (link to legal forum with subthreads for the upcoming case)
Just found out the area it is in is for members only, if you do not wish to join just to read or see updates, I will be posting a non members thread in the general discussions area that you should be able to see.http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/challenging-la-cc-law-q-a-info-for-non-members-t1474.html is the thread in the general discussions.
thank you,
Ryan O

Last edited:

Seigi

On a related note, the challenge to the prohibition regarding felons is up for argument before the Louisiana Supreme Court the first week of September, so we can should see in October how the Court will handle the new scrutiny level.

davidmcbeth

Banned
On a related note, the challenge to the prohibition regarding felons is up for argument before the Louisiana Supreme Court the first week of September, so we can should see in October how the Court will handle the new scrutiny level.

Its too easy to just say, well felons cannot have guns.

But, in our jurisprudence, don't we see a person who served their time to then be free?

The argument that they are dangerous has no merit ... as you are letting them out - they can kill with their hands

and all these different levels of scrutiny .. made up ideas