• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry

w6rad

I have decided to exercise my 2nd amendment right to bare arms. In the state of Oregon I have the right to open carry as long as I have a CHL( Concealed Hand Gun License ) which I have, according to the Oregon state law I can open carry anywhere I can carry concealed, so I will respect all laws that I have practiced in the past as a CHL but I will open carry.
So I will see who denies me entry to their places of business and inform them of the law and go from there.
I am tired of hiding my weapon, I should be proud to display it, and not ashamed to hide it.
Well here I go, I'm going to take my wife with me in case the police want to take me in, that way she can take the truck home.
I just know I'm going to run into a cop that doesn't know the law and is ignorant of the laws of open carry in the state of Oregon and there for I will have to explain it to him or her, which is going to be fun !!!!

So here I go !!!!
I'm the guy Obama warned you about !!!

I will keep you deformed on what happens

MKEgal

Considering how hot it's been, bare arms are a good idea.

Arguing with cops, generally not so much. If they want to be unconstitutional jerks, let them. Get it recorded, take it to a good civil rights lawyer.

Would also be a good idea to ask a moderator to move this to your state forum, since this isn't really an OC question; it's more of a "look out world, here I come" manifesto, which could best be addressed by people in your state.