• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry limit

thedevilrobyjohn

may be a stupid question but is there a limit on how many guns you can carry on your person? Open and concealed together or just either of the two apart? Its gonna be hot this weekend and im trying to lose some weight so im gonna weight myself down more than usual...heading to tomato festival and my usual travels with the troop...:)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers and we shall try to avoid that for you.

Short answer: No, there is nothing that address that in the concealed handgun permit statutes.

Further, since open carry is not mentioned in the Code of Virginia, OC by default is legal - BTW we like it that way.

Carrying more than one gun is also not directly referred to/restricted, so also it becomes legal by not having been deemed illegal.

Obviously if anyone is going to carry one or more handguns concealed, they will need a CHP. Don't fall for the old trick that a CHP allows you to carry a concealed handgun (singular) not handguns (plural) - it just ain't so. If that had been the intention of the GA, then they would have had to say so specifically - if it isn't written in the Code, then it isn't so.

And yes you can mix and match to your heart's content. Many of us regularly carry a BUG, even when OCing our primary. One of our members routinely carries 3 guns - wonder why we call her 3 gun Kim? To make a point one time, she carried 6 or 7 and nobody knew how well armed she was until she revealed all of them. Sort of reminded me of that William Shatner video where he just keeps pulling them out.

This would be and is legal in Virginia:
http://vimeo.com/1316146

thedevilrobyjohn

thank you sir

There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers and we shall try to avoid that for you.

Short answer: No, there is nothing that address that in the concealed handgun permit statutes.

Further, since open carry is not mentioned in the Code of Virginia, OC by default is legal - BTW we like it that way.

Carrying more than one gun is also not directly referred to/restricted, so also it becomes legal by not having been deemed illegal.

Obviously if anyone is going to carry one or more handguns concealed, they will need a CHP. Don't fall for the old trick that a CHP allows you to carry a concealed handgun (singular) not handguns (plural) - it just ain't so. If that had been the intention of the GA, then they would have had to say so specifically - if it isn't written in the Code, then it isn't so.

And yes you can mix and match to your heart's content. Many of us regularly carry a BUG, even when OCing our primary. One of our members routinely carries 3 guns - wonder why we call her 3 gun Kim? To make a point one time, she carried 6 or 7 and nobody knew how well armed she was until she revealed all of them. Sort of reminded me of that William Shatner video where he just keeps pulling them out.

This would be and is legal in Virginia:
http://vimeo.com/1316146

Im known to always have more than one but never really thought of the legality, got some new stuff that im trying out tomm...gonna see how sweat resistant they are...might come to breakfast since it is a mile from my house if i get my ass in bed.....