• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois. The Fanny Pack State.

kurt555gs

Illinois passes a law ( chicago's law) for concealed carry ( Ha! ) and other things. The law gives the transportation of all firearms and the regulation of all handguns exclusively to the state. Chicago doesn't care. They pass their own law regulating magazine size. They really don't care about the state's preemption. They will arrest you, tow your car, and throw you in the Cook County jail anyway. Don't like it? Get a lawyer and sue them. They have unlimited tax money to spend after all.

So, I decided to switch Man Purses and upgrade to the maximum firepower allowed to Container Transport in Chicago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd69PGOBoiE

Cheers.

Last edited:

kurt555gs

And in Will. It's been legal in most of the state. Before PA 098-0063 there were a number of home rule cities that had local laws forbidding it. Now there is state wide preemption allowing "Container Transport".

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kurt555gs

Good. Teach the police to expect a gun in a Fanny Pack in Illinois. Also teach them that it's perfectly legal state wide to "transport" a gun there as long as it's not loaded. And that it's legal to have full magazines in the same case or any where else.

Carthago Delenda Est

Last edited:

kurt555gs

The Fanny Pack, Murse, Satchel, etc, is the Illinois equivalent to Open Carry. It's all we've got.

Carthago Delenda Est

Last edited: