• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How should one legally transition from CC to OC?

Bronson

The term "Federal facility" means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties

Just having Federal employees on site on a regular basis isn't enough. The Feds must own or lease the building....which we've already established that they (likely) don't because the Federal Reserve Banks are privately owned and operated.

Bronson

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Just having Federal employees on site on a regular basis isn't enough. The Feds must own or lease the building....which we've already established that they (likely) don't because the Federal Reserve Banks are privately owned and operated.

Bronson

I might have missed it in the posts above, but isn't there a requirement that the facility be properly posted? In the few Federal Facilities that I have actually entered, only a few were properly posted. I also will add that I think the prohibition in Post Offices doesn't fall under the same law as that prohibiting carry in Federal Facilities. But, I do think both laws may have a requirement that the building be PROPERLY posted that firearms are prohibited.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

The federal reserve banks use federal security police? The one in Detroit had what looked like private security out front a few years ago when I was in that area.

Stay informed about MOC events in your area http://miopencarry.org/updates

External grounds (street access) may now be private. I have been inside the "cargo" area many years ago, and I can assure you they were federal police and I and my associates were completely outgunned. Anyone who knows me, knows that isn't easy to do. The feds take security, very, very, seriously! Can't have thieves stealing from thieves can we now. ;)
*Note we were their as private contractors with permission to be armed. Do not go onto Fed Resv. Property armed unless you have permission.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

External grounds (street access) may now be private. I have been inside the "cargo" area many years ago, and I can assure you they were federal police and I and my associates were completely outgunned. Anyone who knows me, knows that isn't easy to do. The feds take security, very, very, seriously! Can't have thieves stealing from thieves can we now. ;)
*Note we were their as private contractors with permission to be armed. Do not go onto Fed Resv. Property armed unless you have permission.

In writing.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
The federal reserve banks use federal security police? The one in Detroit had what looked like private security out front a few years ago when I was in that area.

Stay informed about MOC events in your area http://miopencarry.org/updates

you are correct, unless it varies from site to site (which i doubt), even the guards are private. i've seen this confirmed on video several times. alex jones, adam kokesh and other types have approached federal reserve employees on multiple occasions and they've all admitted to being privately employed.