Thread: adapters for shotgun to shoot handgun rounds - anyone have one?

earth's crust

adapters for shotgun to shoot handgun rounds - anyone have one?

I don't know why someone would want one of these adapters .... but there may be reasons

Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Kind of negates the advantage of having a shotgun that can handle more than one round. Only possible advantage I can see would be for someone who can't handle a large-caliber pistol because of their size or some physical infirmity. Even then, the disadvantages, to me, outweigh the advantages.

Me? I'm still like the old Cajun who had one of them shoot-guns what shoot three times when the game warden is around and six times when he ain't!!
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

I have a couple, 9x19 and 45acp. Had them for almost 40 years now.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Sounds good for a SHTF scenario and you have a shotgun but no pistol. When the SHTF ammo will be available, odds are not in the caliber you or others use.

ETA: I will say though the adapter appears to be more of a burden to use that makes it suitable only for a survival/SHTF scenario.
    Last edited by Logan 5; 07-21-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.