Thread: ORC 2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.

ORC 2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.

Is (A)(2) written correctly?

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.12
    The only people who should fear, good guys with guns, are bad guys...criminals and politicians included.
    No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.

Banned
    What is wrong with it?

They have broken out the categories weapons so that they can more easily write separate exceptions and assign separate consequences for each of the three no-person-shalls.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    What is wrong with it?

They have broken out the categories weapons so that they can more easily write separate exceptions and assign separate consequences for each of the three no-person-shalls.

(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on the person's person or concealed ready at hand, (2) a handgun other than a dangerous ordnance;

I'm trying to make sense of it.
    The only people who should fear, good guys with guns, are bad guys...criminals and politicians included.
    No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.

Banned

ORC 2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.

Some handguns are dangerous ordnances (e.g. a Glock with a 33-round magazine in it). Section A(2) bars only concealment of handguns that are not also dangerous ordnances. Section A(3) bars concealment of dangerous ordnances. They break these categories out because there are defenses to the violation in A(2) that cannot be used as a defense to A(3).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Another example would be a pistol with a built-in suppressor.

Since this handgun would be classified as a dangerous ordnance because of the suppressor, it's not a 'handgun other than a dangerous ordnance'.

Yet another example is a Glock 18.

Federal laws notwithstanding, because the Glock 18 is select-fire (full-auto capable), it is a dangerous ordnance. That means it's not a 'handgun other than a dangerous ordnance'.
    Last edited by MyWifeSaidYes; 07-27-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Thanks for the explanation - I'll admit I stumbled over that wording a number of times and hadn't been able to make sense of it. Probably one of the many reasons I'm "Just a Shooter" and not a lawyer, etc.