Thread: Wifes new carry gun.

Wifes new carry gun.

Update on my wifes search for her first 1911. Her plan was to spend only 800 on one, but when she got to hold a Colt 1911 Commander Lightweight in stainless, she was hooked. She picked it on on Friday and we went to the range today. We shot roughly 250 rounds through it. The target below is mine and my wife's own target looked similar except for a flyer or two. With practice she will get better and she will be in good shape when she starts to carry the 1911. The recoil was not bad at all for how light it was and she said that it didn't bother her at all. We will have 185 grain Gold Dolts to test next weekend when they show up. No stoppages due to the gun, I used our range only mags to get her the practice of clearing a few malfunctions, the Colt mags that came with it ran flawless.

Last edited by zack991; 07-20-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Very nice handgun

Just curious, what range were you shooting at? You mentioned being in good shape to carry - I just like to admire people that take the responsibility of carrying a firearm seriously enough to put the time, effort and money into being able to hit their target consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Very nice handgun

Just curious, what range were you shooting at? You mentioned being in good shape to carry - I just like to admire people that take the responsibility of carrying a firearm seriously enough to put the time, effort and money into being able to hit their target consistently.
    American indoor range. North Jackson. I just ordered an addiction 1,000 rounds which made me cry to hit the submit button. I love having bulk ammo to train with but hate it when it comes time to ordering more.
    Last edited by zack991; 07-20-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

What was the distance the target was shot at.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Wife had the distance set between 20-25 feet If I recall. She had the distance set up while I was getting the gear out of the car, I forgot to double check it before I called it in. I should have used two different targets for the accuracy test group and another when I was testing its reliably, I was not as concerned with the accuracy at that point.
    Last edited by zack991; 07-22-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    ... I just ordered an addiction 1,000 rounds which made me cry to hit the submit button. ...
    Oh gosh.. I bet. At least it's for a good cause

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Oh gosh.. I bet. At least it's for a good cause
    I just wish I could find some 22lr, I have a 22
    Slide for mine and it would make training cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I just wish I could find some 22lr, I have a 22
    Slide for mine and it would make training cheaper.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-076

Banned
    Next: move that target a little bit further away

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    thanks