• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wifes new carry gun.

zack991

Update on my wifes search for her first 1911. Her plan was to spend only 800 on one, but when she got to hold a Colt 1911 Commander Lightweight in stainless, she was hooked. She picked it on on Friday and we went to the range today. We shot roughly 250 rounds through it. The target below is mine and my wife's own target looked similar except for a flyer or two. With practice she will get better and she will be in good shape when she starts to carry the 1911. The recoil was not bad at all for how light it was and she said that it didn't bother her at all. We will have 185 grain Gold Dolts to test next weekend when they show up. No stoppages due to the gun, I used our range only mags to get her the practice of clearing a few malfunctions, the Colt mags that came with it ran flawless.

null_zpsf5ef562f.jpg

null_zpsfcd72bf4.jpg

null_zps9a9e80d2.jpg

null_zps786ac3f8.jpg

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Very nice handgun :)

Just curious, what range were you shooting at? You mentioned being in good shape to carry - I just like to admire people that take the responsibility of carrying a firearm seriously enough to put the time, effort and money into being able to hit their target consistently.

zack991

Very nice handgun :)

Just curious, what range were you shooting at? You mentioned being in good shape to carry - I just like to admire people that take the responsibility of carrying a firearm seriously enough to put the time, effort and money into being able to hit their target consistently.

American indoor range. North Jackson. I just ordered an addiction 1,000 rounds which made me cry to hit the submit button. I love having bulk ammo to train with but hate it when it comes time to ordering more.

Last edited:

zack991

Wife had the distance set between 20-25 feet If I recall. She had the distance set up while I was getting the gear out of the car, I forgot to double check it before I called it in. I should have used two different targets for the accuracy test group and another when I was testing its reliably, I was not as concerned with the accuracy at that point.

Last edited: