• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

C.V.S.Cudahy

range rat

For a little over a year I shopped, an filled Meds at CVS here in Cudahy until last Monday.. You see I open carry, an conceal carry as well.

That day I choose to open carry, with my wife picking up her Meds, an I was picking up a few things as well. As I header to the check out

line I was pass by an Employee ( her name I found out later was Liz ) heading to the same register. As I got near she had came around

to the front of the counter an said in a very Stern voice, "You can't come in here with that!! You have to leave it in your car." I all most started

to laugh, but then it dawn on me, this little lady was on a power Kick.

Now, being 63 years young, I did feel I deserve a bit more respect then I was now getting, so I slowly place my Item on the counter an ask

her if the store was Posted? now with her Shoulders throwed back she answer YES!! we are. I now ask her if she would not mine

showing it to me, now here is the part where I could see in her eyes," I got you "an headed to the front door with me close behind.

When we got to the door she stop dead in her track's an look, an look again, an low an be hold where did the sign go too??

Now this is the part where I almost lost it, she proceeds to bend over an check every inch of that door.. now I can tell she's( not for the lack of a better word ) pissed an heads back into the store, an again with me close behind, her answer to the missing Sign was, that the new ones must be in the Managers

office. I then ask to see the Store Manager her response was he's on Vacation an she was filling in.

Being law a buying as I am ( ha-ha ) an in the need for a good laugh right about now I Handed her one of our cards at this time the wife

showed up an I head for the door, of course that's the last dollar I'll spend there, you see CVS can be a Bunch of sneake S.O.B.

some of there stores won't Post, But I did call corporation an the lady wasn't sure about it an I'm still waiting for a return call..

Walgreens here I come!!

smithman

I've had zero problems at my local CVS. You can't hold a business hostage because of some asinine employee who is only speaking for themselves. This is why everybody must hear the policy from a MANAGER and never just a regular employee before deciding to take your business elsewhere.

Law abider

I've had zero problems at my local CVS. You can't hold a business hostage because of some asinine employee who is only speaking for themselves. This is why everybody must hear the policy from a MANAGER and never just a regular employee before deciding to take your business elsewhere.

Yah but... if they say no, that is same as force of law, only for the incident till the manager who 'represents' the company says so and then only permanent if the corporate says so. I do not buy from my local grocers Neilson's bec they wont let me oc only cc. My 2 cents.

Superlite27

Evidently, as often as people in this forum keep bringing up signage, nobody will be happy until every business they patronize has signs posted on their door.

That is what your goal is, right?

After all, what do you think the result will be if, every time you are confronted, you smart off and insist there is no sign on the door?

I don't know about you, but if I was a business owner that was ambivolent about firearms and someone made a huge issue of there being no sign on my door keeping them out.......

.......I could probably put one there fairly easily in order to make them happy.

That is what you're complaining about, right? No signs?

I'm sure if you keep bringing their absense to the attention of businesses, the lack of them will soon be remedied.

Good job.

protias

Evidently, as often as people in this forum keep bringing up signage, nobody will be happy until every business they patronize has signs posted on their door.

That is what your goal is, right?

After all, what do you think the result will be if, every time you are confronted, you smart off and insist there is no sign on the door?

I don't know about you, but if I was a business owner that was ambivolent about firearms and someone made a huge issue of there being no sign on my door keeping them out.......

.......I could probably put one there fairly easily in order to make them happy.

That is what you're complaining about, right? No signs?

I'm sure if you keep bringing their absense to the attention of businesses, the lack of them will soon be remedied.

Good job.

You do know WI law that says if they post a sign they lose their immunity from liability right? 175.60(21)

Last edited:

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

If a business truely is ambivalent, they wouldn't be frothing at the mouth insisting that they do not allow guns in spite of there being no posted signage. They would just smile and say "Thankyou, Come again!"

It's the businesses who think they can have it both ways - not posting to appear that they are accepting of everyone and to (hopefully) maintain the immunity from liability; and then let people know in person that they are not welcome on the premises while armed. Pushing back may force them to post and I say good. Let them show their true colors and not make it a guessing game. The verbal warning carries the same weight of law as the signs and I would assume they would lose their immunity anyway if the situations had been documented. IANAL

Situations like this are often unfortunately just the result of a rogue employee pushing their agenda apart from actual store policy. Happened to me at Gander Mountain, of all places!! (Before they had their current welcome signs)