Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Loss Prevention Stalking OC'ers

Walmart Loss Prevention Stalking OC'ers

Saw on WAGUNS.ORG:

"Walmart is my favorite place to OC, though. My wife is an assistant manager there and wants to slap me every time I do, because she has to call their loss prevention team (standard policy for anyone that OCs in any Walmart). They give her **** about it all the time. :bigsmile:"
    "Not sure if it's corporate or regional, but all of the WA stores do it."

http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26758&start=15

Any thoughts?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Re: Walmart Loss Prevention Stalking OC'ers

Walmart can do whatever they want.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing like cooling off from the heat by taking a tour of Wallys for a few hours in the air conditioning.

Or give them a challenge. Get a group together, go in the front door, and fan out in all directions.

Whenever I think I'm being "stalked" by someone I think is "loss prevention" I merely turn around, walk up to them and ask them "howya doin?"

Kind of easy to spot as they never seem to really be shopping, just handling a lot of stuff while glancing your way too many times.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I liked the "flash mob" idea. A half dozen or more taking a slow walk thru the store sound like fun.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Deros and I walked into the federal way Wally's once and was approached by a plain clothes lp agent with a Glock shirt on...

He asked if we were law enforcement because he was expecting some fwpd to respond to a shoplifter they had. When we said no he offered his card and said if we ever had a problem with any employees to let him know.

I've never had a problem in federal way or any other Wally World. Never been followed by any employee or lp agent.
    Live Free or Die!

They'd better be careful.

I've heard it is okay to ambush and violently attack someone who is following and keeping an eye on you.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I don't believe I've ever been followed by anyone at Walmart.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Never had a problem at any Wal Mart with OC. Now if they could just keep the ammo case filled that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I don't believe I've ever been followed by anyone at Walmart.
    you probably have if not just for the cameras that can follow you

i don't mind LP observing me as long as they don't harass me

i think the word stalking here is a bit much. stalking is a activity where you know the person and you constantly follow them around to harass them. i think the word observe is far more descriptive.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibresteve View Post
    Never had a problem at any Wal Mart with OC. Now if they could just keep the ammo case filled that would be great!
    This! Where's my ammo?
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    This! Where's my ammo?
    +100

They're supposed to have the best prices on everything we need - but they don't even have the one thing we all need!

OK.

ps. if I was followed, they were discrete enough...
    Keep calm. Carry on.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    you probably have if not just for the cameras that can follow you

i don't mind LP observing me as long as they don't harass me

i think the word stalking here is a bit much. stalking is a activity where you know the person and you constantly follow them around to harass them. i think the word observe is far more descriptive
    Agreed.

And, lets not forget that even that usage of the word stalking was an exaggeration. Stalking is what predators do to their prey.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Saw on WAGUNS.ORG:

"Walmart is my favorite place to OC, though. My wife is an assistant manager there and wants to slap me every time I do, because she has to call their loss prevention team (standard policy for anyone that OCs in any Walmart). They give her **** about it all the time. :bigsmile:"

Any thoughts?
    I feel her pain... every now and then when you guys OC at a grocery store guess who has to take reports .... It's only when shoppers complain to the Managers about it that they are required to call in and report it. First time I got one of those calls though, I asked "is the firearm hosltered?" Manager said "yes, they are just shopping walking around" I then said "It's legal to OC in the State of NC...." Still had to do a report =/
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 07-21-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    ... Still had to do a report =/
    "Idiot customer complained about lawful activity on aisle 2..."

Idiot customer has a greater chance of injury from a stockboy with a pallet on the floor.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    "Idiot customer complained about lawful activity on aisle 2..."
    snipped
    I'd love to hear the OVERHEAD page of, "Idiot customer complaining 'about lawful activity on aisle 2'!"
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 07-21-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I've heard it is okay to ambush and violently attack someone who is following and keeping an eye on you.
    Apparently only if you're black and the person following you has lighter colored skin than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Apparently only if you're black and the person following you has lighter colored skin than you do.
    And who you think is a gay rapist
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Or you think they're an elephant-molester from Pluto. If you're going to allow unreasonable suspicions, why limit yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Saw on WAGUNS.ORG:

Any thoughts?
    Not in the Omak Wally World. Never had a comment, or anyone notice in the 8 years I've gone there (about once a month).

If your local WalMart wants to act like that I would suggest a meet-up there, then everyone go shopping...there own direction. Be sure to bring your wife a kids. If they had say 10+ OC'rs that ought to flip out the security detail... Maybe they would figure out OC is not a problem.

Centurion

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    This allegation I find to be very specious and convenient for the Pro-Trayvon folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

They'd better be careful.

Only if Al "race hustler" Sharpton says so.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Not in the Omak Wally World. Never had a comment, or anyone notice in the 8 years I've gone there (about once a month).

If your local WalMart wants to act like that I would suggest a meet-up there, then everyone go shopping...there own direction. Be sure to bring your wife a kids. If they had say 10+ OC'rs that ought to flip out the security detail... Maybe they would figure out OC is not a problem.
    C'mon guys. Walmart is an ally of self-defense. But, denying firearms is only a policy change away. Don't prod them into re-thinking their policy.

If you just have to do something, send a nice note to the district manager telling him about it in a non-complaining way. Couch it in terms of "here's this thing going on you might want to know about", and "while they're watching lawful citizens they're missing real shoplifters", and so forth. Present it terms of you're looking out for the district manager and want to alert him to possible problems with the LP department at such-and-such store. And, then be sure to close with a compliment of some sort: "Thanks for reworking the lawn and garden department layout. My wife loves it!" Etc.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-22-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    C'mon guys. Walmart is an ally of self-defense. But, denying firearms is only a policy change away. Don't prod them into re-thinking their policy.

If you just have to do something, send a nice note to the district manager telling him about it in a non-complaining way. Couch it in terms of "here's this thing going on you might want to know about", and "while they're watching lawful citizens they're missing real shoplifters", and so forth. Present it terms of you're looking out for the district manager and want to alert him to possible problems with the LP department at such-and-such store. And, then be sure to close with a compliment of some sort: "Thanks for reworking the lawn and garden department layout. My wife loves it!" Etc.

Walmart an "ally"? .... not so much I think as is being proposed here .. IMO

Never had any problems with any Wal-mart I've ever been to when it comes to OC. Usually it's the other customers that I've had encounters with, once-in-a-blue-moon negative usually.

I've been to every Wal-mart from Spanaway to Renton for work (Locksmith), dealing with LP almost every job, and never seen them follow or even take note to any OC's. They're usually more worried about shoplifters, as it should be.

I'll have to ask them personally what they're procedure is next time I get a job at any of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast