• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Loss Prevention Stalking OC'ers

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Saw on WAGUNS.ORG:

"Walmart is my favorite place to OC, though. My wife is an assistant manager there and wants to slap me every time I do, because she has to call their loss prevention team (standard policy for anyone that OCs in any Walmart). They give her **** about it all the time. :bigsmile:"
"Not sure if it's corporate or regional, but all of the WA stores do it."

http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26758&start=15

Any thoughts?

Griz

Nothing like cooling off from the heat by taking a tour of Wallys for a few hours in the air conditioning.

Or give them a challenge. Get a group together, go in the front door, and fan out in all directions.

amlevin

Whenever I think I'm being "stalked" by someone I think is "loss prevention" I merely turn around, walk up to them and ask them "howya doin?"

Kind of easy to spot as they never seem to really be shopping, just handling a lot of stuff while glancing your way too many times.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Deros and I walked into the federal way Wally's once and was approached by a plain clothes lp agent with a Glock shirt on...

He asked if we were law enforcement because he was expecting some fwpd to respond to a shoplifter they had. When we said no he offered his card and said if we ever had a problem with any employees to let him know.

I've never had a problem in federal way or any other Wally World. Never been followed by any employee or lp agent.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They'd better be careful.

I've heard it is okay to ambush and violently attack someone who is following and keeping an eye on you.

Fibresteve

Never had a problem at any Wal Mart with OC. Now if they could just keep the ammo case filled that would be great!

papa bear

I don't believe I've ever been followed by anyone at Walmart.

you probably have if not just for the cameras that can follow you

i don't mind LP observing me as long as they don't harass me

i think the word stalking here is a bit much. stalking is a activity where you know the person and you constantly follow them around to harass them. i think the word observe is far more descriptive.

LarryM

Spokane Valley Wal-Mart, never a problem. No employee has ever bat an eye when I OC in there - which is quite frequently. Even on Fridays and Mother's day..(Welfare check arrival day) they usually have a SCSD cop outside for "problems" and he/she is more interested in other things than my Glock....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
you probably have if not just for the cameras that can follow you

i don't mind LP observing me as long as they don't harass me

i think the word stalking here is a bit much. stalking is a activity where you know the person and you constantly follow them around to harass them. i think the word observe is far more descriptive

Agreed.

And, lets not forget that even that usage of the word stalking was an exaggeration. Stalking is what predators do to their prey.

Jamesm760

Saw on WAGUNS.ORG:

"Walmart is my favorite place to OC, though. My wife is an assistant manager there and wants to slap me every time I do, because she has to call their loss prevention team (standard policy for anyone that OCs in any Walmart). They give her **** about it all the time. :bigsmile:"
"Not sure if it's corporate or regional, but all of the WA stores do it."

http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26758&start=15

Any thoughts?

I feel her pain... every now and then when you guys OC at a grocery store guess who has to take reports ;) .... It's only when shoppers complain to the Managers about it that they are required to call in and report it. First time I got one of those calls though, I asked "is the firearm hosltered?" Manager said "yes, they are just shopping walking around" I then said "It's legal to OC in the State of NC...." Still had to do a report =/

Last edited: