• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Loss Prevention Stalking OC'ers

hermannr

Saw on WAGUNS.ORG:

"Walmart is my favorite place to OC, though. My wife is an assistant manager there and wants to slap me every time I do, because she has to call their loss prevention team (standard policy for anyone that OCs in any Walmart). They give her **** about it all the time. :bigsmile:"
"Not sure if it's corporate or regional, but all of the WA stores do it."

http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26758&start=15

Any thoughts?

Not in the Omak Wally World. Never had a comment, or anyone notice in the 8 years I've gone there (about once a month).

If your local WalMart wants to act like that I would suggest a meet-up there, then everyone go shopping...there own direction. Be sure to bring your wife a kids. If they had say 10+ OC'rs that ought to flip out the security detail... Maybe they would figure out OC is not a problem.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Not in the Omak Wally World. Never had a comment, or anyone notice in the 8 years I've gone there (about once a month).

If your local WalMart wants to act like that I would suggest a meet-up there, then everyone go shopping...there own direction. Be sure to bring your wife a kids. If they had say 10+ OC'rs that ought to flip out the security detail... Maybe they would figure out OC is not a problem.

C'mon guys. Walmart is an ally of self-defense. But, denying firearms is only a policy change away. Don't prod them into re-thinking their policy.

If you just have to do something, send a nice note to the district manager telling him about it in a non-complaining way. Couch it in terms of "here's this thing going on you might want to know about", and "while they're watching lawful citizens they're missing real shoplifters", and so forth. Present it terms of you're looking out for the district manager and want to alert him to possible problems with the LP department at such-and-such store. And, then be sure to close with a compliment of some sort: "Thanks for reworking the lawn and garden department layout. My wife loves it!" Etc.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
C'mon guys. Walmart is an ally of self-defense. But, denying firearms is only a policy change away. Don't prod them into re-thinking their policy.

If you just have to do something, send a nice note to the district manager telling him about it in a non-complaining way. Couch it in terms of "here's this thing going on you might want to know about", and "while they're watching lawful citizens they're missing real shoplifters", and so forth. Present it terms of you're looking out for the district manager and want to alert him to possible problems with the LP department at such-and-such store. And, then be sure to close with a compliment of some sort: "Thanks for reworking the lawn and garden department layout. My wife loves it!" Etc.

Walmart an "ally"? .... not so much I think as is being proposed here .. IMO

Alsherry

Never had any problems with any Wal-mart I've ever been to when it comes to OC. Usually it's the other customers that I've had encounters with, once-in-a-blue-moon negative usually.

I've been to every Wal-mart from Spanaway to Renton for work (Locksmith), dealing with LP almost every job, and never seen them follow or even take note to any OC's. They're usually more worried about shoplifters, as it should be. :p

I'll have to ask them personally what they're procedure is next time I get a job at any of them.

leitung

I always figure someone is watching in public, they will get bored quick watching me compare labels on soy milk so I buy the one with the least calcium.

I used to work at a major department store, the LP spent the day zooming in close on scantly clad females. Never really did much else but harass the employees and "keep them in line"

amzbrady

Played hide and seek with a worker at the Aberdeen Wal-Mart one day. I went a couple of isles ahead of him then waited and he turn a corner and walked right into me. I love the deer in the headlights look they give you when you catch then following you.

amlevin

I always figure someone is watching in public, they will get bored quick watching me compare labels on soy milk so I buy the one with the least calcium.

I used to work at a major department store, the LP spent the day zooming in close on scantly clad females. Never really did much else but harass the employees and "keep them in line"

If someone was "zooming in" on women with the security cam's, you can pretty well bet that a) he didn''t work for Wal-Mart or b) weird people and big butts in Lycra or "sweats" turned him on.