Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: More no-knock warrants

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    More no-knock warrants

    Wrong forum I know...

    Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion

    This is wrong on EVERY level.

    All I can say is this: If that woman had shot that stupid cop dead, and I were on the jury, she would walk out of that courtroom a free woman.

    Disgusting. We must end no-knock warrants.

    TFred

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    The article said

    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Wrong forum I know...

    Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion

    This is wrong on EVERY level.

    All I can say is this: If that woman had shot that stupid cop dead, and I were on the jury, she would walk out of that courtroom a free woman.

    Disgusting. We must end no-knock warrants.

    TFred
    There was NO WARRANT, just an idiot with a badge that ASSUMED the bad guy he was looking was in the apt because they demanded ID???????????

    This idiot Wiggins needs a reality check and to lose his job for being stupid in public. The home owner needs a good lawyer.

    The idiot is lucky HE isn't dead from his stupid and unauthorized actions!
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 07-21-2013 at 03:20 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Wrong forum I know...

    Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion

    This is wrong on EVERY level.

    All I can say is this: If that woman had shot that stupid cop dead, and I were on the jury, she would walk out of that courtroom a free woman.

    Disgusting. We must end no-knock warrants.

    TFred
    I agree with you and I would have nullified the state's case as well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that there would have been a female corpse had she opened fire against these tyrannical agents of the state.


    This sort of thing is what scares me the most about what is happening in our nation. I read this story yesterday and was outraged at what I read. But we are seeing more and more of it and you really have to wonder where the press is in all of this. Katrina didn't seem to raise a lot of eyebrows in the general media and neither did the actions of the police in Boston this past spring after the bombings. While this sort of behavior is not new, it does seem have escalated a lot starting during the Clinton administration.

    This is very dangerous territory. The general public's acquiescence and worse, acceptance, of this only feeds its spread. And the press is asleep at the wheel when they're not actually promoting this outrageous behavior by our servants.

    Just boils my blood.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 07-21-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    One should always have a thermonuclear device ready ... little expensive, but worth it !

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Falls Church, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    392
    When atomic bombs are outlawed, only outlaws will have them!

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I agree with you and I would have nullified the state's case as well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that there would have been a female corpse had she opened fire against these tyrannical agents of the state.


    This sort of thing is what scares me the most about what is happening in our nation. I read this story yesterday and was outraged at what I read. But we are seeing more and more of it and you really have to wonder where the press is in all of this. Katrina didn't seem to raise a lot of eyebrows in the general media and neither did the actions of the police in Boston this past spring after the bombings. While this sort of behavior is not new, it does seem have escalated a lot starting during the Clinton administration.

    This is very dangerous territory. The general public's acquiescence and worse, acceptance, of this only feeds its spread. And the press is asleep at the wheel when they're not actually promoting this outrageous behavior by our servants.

    Just boils my blood.
    At least one reporter hit him pretty hard.
    The Answer:

    I have to go home at night.

    I won't say what I as thinking about that comment

  7. #7
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    At least one reporter hit him pretty hard.
    The Answer:

    I have to go home at night.

    I won't say what I as thinking about that comment
    I caught that, and I agree it was a particularly horrible answer.

    My reply would have been, "I AM home. What gives you the right to come into MY house and KILL ME?"

    TFred

  8. #8
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    We need to find some ethical people with influence inside the LEO community to start a campaign titled "The Ethical Cop Pledge", also known as the "'Let's Not Murder Our Own Citizens' Pledge".

    "I pledge to never participate in a warrantless entry, or a no-knock entry, with a warrant, unless clear and convincing evidence exists to support the need to do so in order to prevent the death or grave bodily harm to an innocent party."

    I won't hold my breath.

    TFred

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    All I can say is this: If that woman had shot that stupid cop dead, and I were on the jury, she would walk out of that courtroom a free woman.
    +1

    Disgusting. We must end no-knock warrants.
    +∞

    Quote Originally Posted by Human Excrement
    But when the people in Goldsberry's apartment didn't open up, that told Wiggins he had probably found the right door. No one at other units had reacted that way, he said.

    Maybe none of them had a gun pointed at them through the kitchen window, I suggested. But Wiggins didn't think that was much excuse for the woman's behavior. He said he acted with restraint and didn't like having that gun aimed at him.

    “I went above and beyond,” Wiggins said. “I have to go home at night.”
    Burn in hell.
    Last edited by marshaul; 07-21-2013 at 05:07 PM.

  10. #10
    Activist Member nuc65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    When atomic bombs are outlawed, only outlaws will have them!
    It has been illegal for a while for anyone other than the G to own special nuclear materials. Just as illegal to own the parts that would allow for creating and detonating a WMD. So the only outlaw that owns such is the government. Go figure. Same with assault weapons.
    Last edited by nuc65; 07-22-2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: placed a space between 'a' and 'w'
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

    excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

  11. #11
    Activist Member nuc65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    We need to find some ethical people with influence inside the LEO community to start a campaign titled "The Ethical Cop Pledge", also known as the "'Let's Not Murder Our Own Citizens' Pledge".

    "I pledge to never participate in a warrantless entry, or a no-knock entry, with a warrant, unless clear and convincing evidence exists to support the need to do so in order to prevent the death or grave bodily harm to an innocent party."

    I won't hold my breath.

    TFred
    Personally, I believe that if the cops were not allowed to carry weapons everyone would be safer and more secure. Only civilians should carry. If the police have need of an armed response then an oversight of civilians should be required when they are armed.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

    excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

  12. #12
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    It has been illegal for a while for anyone other than the G to own special nuclear materials. Just as illegal to own the parts that would allow for creating and detonating a WMD. So the only outlaw that owns such is the government. Go figure. Same with assault weapons.
    Tells you something, doesn't it?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  13. #13
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Personally, I believe that if the cops were not allowed to carry weapons everyone would be safer and more secure. Only civilians should carry. If the police have need of an armed response then an oversight of civilians should be required when they are armed.
    One thing a lot of people don't realize, certainly not the police, is that when in the course of their assigned duties as law enforcement officers, police do not have the right to carry arms. What they do have is the privilege and authority to do this which comes from us, We the People.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    634

    Yes, that plucked a nerve with me also...,

    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    At least one reporter hit him pretty hard.
    The Answer:

    I have to go home at night.

    I won't say what I as thinking about that comment
    It brought back what I wanted to say to that POS HPD F%*# at the Library when he said "We're just like you" NO,NO,NO, You are NOTHING like us, come back with that bulls%$# when your house has been wrongly raided, your family has been threatened at gunpoint, when they've been handcuffed and held at gunpoint, and your family pet was shot for trying to protect you, THEN, you can come back and tell us how much you are "just like us"!!!

    I think there is a clear difference between us, that being that there are many here that believe that there is no greater love that to lay down your life for that of another, while it seems that the fellow that says he has "to go home at night" feels that there is no greater love than the love for himself. I say to him and those like him, get out of the business, you're not helping anyone but yourself, you're a danger to everyone.

    I've said it before, that crap about "I have to go home at night" is so much BullSH$#, I've known a lot of cops and the problem is that a lot of times they too frequently go to someone else's "home". Some have even lost their lives doing that. They didn't have a badge, or uniform, or much of anything else on for that matter, if you know what I mean.

    sidestreet

    Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

    we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Personally, I believe that if the cops were not allowed to carry weapons everyone would be safer and more secure. Only civilians should carry. If the police have need of an armed response then an oversight of civilians should be required when they are armed.
    +1


    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    One thing a lot of people don't realize, certainly not the police, is that when in the course of their assigned duties as law enforcement officers, police do not have the right to carry arms. What they do have is the privilege and authority to do this which comes from us, We the People.
    Yup. And it's manifestly obvious that this is a privilege which is not, presently, deserved.

  16. #16
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    This so called officer needs to be fired and charged with assult, kidnaping, and other charges.

    She also needs to a large lawsuit against him and all organizations involved.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nokesville, VA
    Posts
    99
    Relevant:The Rise of The Warrior Cop - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

    This story specifically talks about the "anything to go home alive tonight" mentality and where it comes from.


  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Yup. And it's manifestly obvious that this is a privilege which is not, presently, deserved.
    Paraphrasing somebody, Perquisites for Perps, P4P.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Paraphrasing somebody, Perquisites for Perps, P4P.
    Good one!

  20. #20
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448
    While the story is probably legit, I think the part about the Mexican standoff is a little incorrect. Show me a cop doing a dynamic entry that will stand there and argue with someone pointing a gun at them at all, and for several minutes? And them claim that he's "going home?"
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  21. #21
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    More no-knock warrants

    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Personally, I believe that if the cops were not allowed to carry weapons everyone would be safer and more secure. Only civilians should carry. If the police have need of an armed response then an oversight of civilians should be required when they are armed.
    Cops ARE civilians even if THEY don't believe it. Just civilians with a "special" job!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrock View Post
    Relevant:The Rise of The Warrior Cop - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

    This story specifically talks about the "anything to go home alive tonight" mentality and where it comes from.

    Well I have a similar object - to remain alive. Well, alive and free. Best thing for them to do is not come on my land if that is their true goal.

    That's why I filed my notice of trespass ~ to avoid issues...seems to be working .

    Wait, who's at the door ..

  23. #23
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well I have a similar object - to remain alive. Well, alive and free. Best thing for them to do is not come on my land if that is their true goal.

    That's why I filed my notice of trespass ~ to avoid issues...seems to be working .

    Wait, who's at the door ..
    So this happened in Florida where there is a police officer exception to stand your ground. In Virginia we have common law which is the same for citizens and the heat. Thought I'd bring that up since we are in the VA forum.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  24. #24
    Regular Member Red Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern VA, with too many people
    Posts
    404
    I really like the last line of the story...Wiggins says "She sure shouldn't be going to the press" Really? Some crank bait violates her rights, and she shouldn't let the world know....I think everyone should go to the press, and let them know every time a cop violates their rights. Maybe, just maybe, someone might start to give a crap.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

  25. #25
    Accomplished Advocate user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Piedmont of Virginia
    Posts
    2,373
    No-knock warrants have been illegal in Virginia since 1603. The problem is that there are cases saying that evidence collected during a home invasion cannot be suppressed, and those Fourth Amendment cases have been taken as legitimizing "no knock warrants". As far as I know, there is no Constitutional provision, nor any statute, authorizing "no knock warrants" in Virginia. That's what the "castle doctrine" was all about, and the reason I said, "1603", when that was four years before the founding of Jamestown, is that was when the case was decided that said "a man's home is his castle, and he has as much right to defend his home as the king has to defend his." That case involved no-knock entry by the local sheriff to execute a presumably valid warrant. That case has never been overturned in Virginia, and has been cited with approval in numerous opinions of the Va. Sup. Ct.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

    By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •