• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More no-knock warrants

va_tazdad

The article said

Wrong forum I know...

Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion

This is wrong on EVERY level.

All I can say is this: If that woman had shot that stupid cop dead, and I were on the jury, she would walk out of that courtroom a free woman.

Disgusting. We must end no-knock warrants.

TFred

There was NO WARRANT, just an idiot with a badge that ASSUMED the bad guy he was looking was in the apt because they demanded ID???????????

This idiot Wiggins needs a reality check and to lose his job for being stupid in public. The home owner needs a good lawyer.

The idiot is lucky HE isn't dead from his stupid and unauthorized actions!

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Wrong forum I know...

Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion

This is wrong on EVERY level.

All I can say is this: If that woman had shot that stupid cop dead, and I were on the jury, she would walk out of that courtroom a free woman.

TFred

I agree with you and I would have nullified the state's case as well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that there would have been a female corpse had she opened fire against these tyrannical agents of the state.

This sort of thing is what scares me the most about what is happening in our nation. I read this story yesterday and was outraged at what I read. But we are seeing more and more of it and you really have to wonder where the press is in all of this. Katrina didn't seem to raise a lot of eyebrows in the general media and neither did the actions of the police in Boston this past spring after the bombings. While this sort of behavior is not new, it does seem have escalated a lot starting during the Clinton administration.

This is very dangerous territory. The general public's acquiescence and worse, acceptance, of this only feeds its spread. And the press is asleep at the wheel when they're not actually promoting this outrageous behavior by our servants.

Just boils my blood.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I agree with you and I would have nullified the state's case as well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that there would have been a female corpse had she opened fire against these tyrannical agents of the state.

This sort of thing is what scares me the most about what is happening in our nation. I read this story yesterday and was outraged at what I read. But we are seeing more and more of it and you really have to wonder where the press is in all of this. Katrina didn't seem to raise a lot of eyebrows in the general media and neither did the actions of the police in Boston this past spring after the bombings. While this sort of behavior is not new, it does seem have escalated a lot starting during the Clinton administration.

This is very dangerous territory. The general public's acquiescence and worse, acceptance, of this only feeds its spread. And the press is asleep at the wheel when they're not actually promoting this outrageous behavior by our servants.

Just boils my blood.

At least one reporter hit him pretty hard.
The Answer:

I have to go home at night.

I won't say what I as thinking about that comment:uhoh:

TFred

We need to find some ethical people with influence inside the LEO community to start a campaign titled "The Ethical Cop Pledge", also known as the "'Let's Not Murder Our Own Citizens' Pledge".

"I pledge to never participate in a warrantless entry, or a no-knock entry, with a warrant, unless clear and convincing evidence exists to support the need to do so in order to prevent the death or grave bodily harm to an innocent party."

I won't hold my breath.

TFred

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

+1

+∞

Human Excrement said:
But when the people in Goldsberry's apartment didn't open up, that told Wiggins he had probably found the right door. No one at other units had reacted that way, he said.

Maybe none of them had a gun pointed at them through the kitchen window, I suggested. But Wiggins didn't think that was much excuse for the woman's behavior. He said he acted with restraint and didn't like having that gun aimed at him.

“I went above and beyond,” Wiggins said. “I have to go home at night.”

Burn in hell.

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
When atomic bombs are outlawed, only outlaws will have them!

It has been illegal for a while for anyone other than the G to own special nuclear materials. Just as illegal to own the parts that would allow for creating and detonating a WMD. So the only outlaw that owns such is the government. Go figure. Same with assault weapons.

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
We need to find some ethical people with influence inside the LEO community to start a campaign titled "The Ethical Cop Pledge", also known as the "'Let's Not Murder Our Own Citizens' Pledge".

"I pledge to never participate in a warrantless entry, or a no-knock entry, with a warrant, unless clear and convincing evidence exists to support the need to do so in order to prevent the death or grave bodily harm to an innocent party."

I won't hold my breath.

TFred

Personally, I believe that if the cops were not allowed to carry weapons everyone would be safer and more secure. Only civilians should carry. If the police have need of an armed response then an oversight of civilians should be required when they are armed.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Personally, I believe that if the cops were not allowed to carry weapons everyone would be safer and more secure. Only civilians should carry. If the police have need of an armed response then an oversight of civilians should be required when they are armed.

One thing a lot of people don't realize, certainly not the police, is that when in the course of their assigned duties as law enforcement officers, police do not have the right to carry arms. What they do have is the privilege and authority to do this which comes from us, We the People.

sidestreet

Yes, that plucked a nerve with me also...,

At least one reporter hit him pretty hard.
The Answer:

I have to go home at night.

I won't say what I as thinking about that comment:uhoh:

It brought back what I wanted to say to that POS HPD F%*# at the Library when he said "We're just like you" NO,NO,NO, You are NOTHING like us, come back with that bulls%$# when your house has been wrongly raided, your family has been threatened at gunpoint, when they've been handcuffed and held at gunpoint, and your family pet was shot for trying to protect you, THEN, you can come back and tell us how much you are "just like us"!!!

I think there is a clear difference between us, that being that there are many here that believe that there is no greater love that to lay down your life for that of another, while it seems that the fellow that says he has "to go home at night" feels that there is no greater love than the love for himself. I say to him and those like him, get out of the business, you're not helping anyone but yourself, you're a danger to everyone.

I've said it before, that crap about "I have to go home at night" is so much BullSH$#, I've known a lot of cops and the problem is that a lot of times they too frequently go to someone else's "home". Some have even lost their lives doing that. They didn't have a badge, or uniform, or much of anything else on for that matter, if you know what I mean.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

+1

One thing a lot of people don't realize, certainly not the police, is that when in the course of their assigned duties as law enforcement officers, police do not have the right to carry arms. What they do have is the privilege and authority to do this which comes from us, We the People.

Yup. And it's manifestly obvious that this is a privilege which is not, presently, deserved.

DocWalker

This so called officer needs to be fired and charged with assult, kidnaping, and other charges.

She also needs to a large lawsuit against him and all organizations involved.

paramedic70002

While the story is probably legit, I think the part about the Mexican standoff is a little incorrect. Show me a cop doing a dynamic entry that will stand there and argue with someone pointing a gun at them at all, and for several minutes? And them claim that he's "going home?"

JoeSparky

Centurion

Cops ARE civilians even if THEY don't believe it. Just civilians with a "special" job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk