Thread: WSJ Artice: Rise of the Warrior Cop

WSJ Artice: Rise of the Warrior Cop

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

"On Jan. 4 of last year, a local narcotics strike force conducted a raid on the Ogden, Utah, home of Matthew David Stewart at 8:40 p.m. The 12 officers were acting on a tip from Mr. Stewart's former girlfriend, who said that he was growing marijuana in his basement. Mr. Stewart awoke, naked, to the sound of a battering ram taking down his door. Thinking that he was being invaded by criminals, as he later claimed, he grabbed his 9-millimeter Beretta pistol.
    [image] Sean McCabe

The police say that they knocked and identified themselves, though Mr. Stewart and his neighbors said they heard no such announcement. Mr. Stewart fired 31 rounds, the police more than 250. Six of the officers were wounded, and Officer Jared Francom was killed"

I understand that statists will be offended when I say this, but in situations like this, the police are the aggressors. They're nothing more than armed gangs breaking into peoples' houses. Mr Stewart was not a violent felon barricaded in a home with a hostage. He was doing NOTHING that was morally objectionable. I'm saddened that more cops weren't shot. I'm also saddened that Mr Stewart decided to "serve" the regime. That decision was costly, and did not stop the same regime from consuming him.

When will this standing army be disbanded? When will the insanity of the "war on [some] drugs" stop? When enough boot lickers get pulled over by officer 82nd airborne? We can only hope.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Well, the feds gave them all that equipment .. ya can't have it just collecting dust ... that would be wasteful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Police officers often tell me that their job is terribly dangerous. I would ask police officers....do you feel its worth it to lose your life over someone growing and smoking some plants ?

I would risk my life to chase after someone who just kidnapped a child but I would NOT risk my life to raid a house over some pot plants.
    Well, police started getting ARs/M16s since the early 80's - exactly when civilians started getting them (cause/effect?)

Sorry, you have to have a special permission slip to have a M16, and the the people that do are the most law abiding people in the nation. there is no need for the LE to fear them
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Sorry, you have to have a special permission slip to have a M16, and the the people that do are the most law abiding people in the nation. there is no need for the LE to fear them
    My momma told me I was special ... I think that this qualifies ...

You too?

Re: WSJ Artice: Rise of the Warrior Cop

My 2˘ - police are caught in a use it or lose it situation. So of course they will use it, right or wrong. They are also caught in a fund it any way you can scheme. Meaning often the push is to seize everything they can and claim it as spoils of "drug profits", whether it is or not. The funds generated from the sale of this property makes it a given for police to want to take everything they can get their hands on to fund more cool purchases by their departments. Kind of like telling a kid "hey for every suspicious person you tell us about, you'll get a new cool toy!" Before you know it the kid has reported every neighbor in a 16 block radius.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    My momma told me I was special ... I think that this qualifies ...

You too?
    My mother tells me everyday that I am an idiot.that doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.
    I guess that makes me special
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.