• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSJ Artice: Rise of the Warrior Cop

77zach

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...8040780519904.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

"On Jan. 4 of last year, a local narcotics strike force conducted a raid on the Ogden, Utah, home of Matthew David Stewart at 8:40 p.m. The 12 officers were acting on a tip from Mr. Stewart's former girlfriend, who said that he was growing marijuana in his basement. Mr. Stewart awoke, naked, to the sound of a battering ram taking down his door. Thinking that he was being invaded by criminals, as he later claimed, he grabbed his 9-millimeter Beretta pistol.
[image] Sean McCabe

The police say that they knocked and identified themselves, though Mr. Stewart and his neighbors said they heard no such announcement. Mr. Stewart fired 31 rounds, the police more than 250. Six of the officers were wounded, and Officer Jared Francom was killed"

I understand that statists will be offended when I say this, but in situations like this, the police are the aggressors. They're nothing more than armed gangs breaking into peoples' houses. Mr Stewart was not a violent felon barricaded in a home with a hostage. He was doing NOTHING that was morally objectionable. I'm saddened that more cops weren't shot. I'm also saddened that Mr Stewart decided to "serve" the regime. That decision was costly, and did not stop the same regime from consuming him.

When will this standing army be disbanded? When will the insanity of the "war on [some] drugs" stop? When enough boot lickers get pulled over by officer 82nd airborne? We can only hope.

Ca Patriot

Police officers often tell me that their job is terribly dangerous. I would ask police officers....do you feel its worth it to lose your life over someone growing and smoking some plants ?

I would risk my life to chase after someone who just kidnapped a child but I would NOT risk my life to raid a house over some pot plants.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Police officers often tell me that their job is terribly dangerous. I would ask police officers....do you feel its worth it to lose your life over someone growing and smoking some plants ?

I would risk my life to chase after someone who just kidnapped a child but I would NOT risk my life to raid a house over some pot plants.

Well, police started getting ARs/M16s since the early 80's - exactly when civilians started getting them (cause/effect?)

papa bear

Sorry, you have to have a special permission slip to have a M16, and the the people that do are the most law abiding people in the nation. there is no need for the LE to fear them

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sorry, you have to have a special permission slip to have a M16, and the the people that do are the most law abiding people in the nation. there is no need for the LE to fear them

My momma told me I was special ... I think that this qualifies ...

You too?

FreeInAZ

My 2¢ - police are caught in a use it or lose it situation. So of course they will use it, right or wrong. They are also caught in a fund it any way you can scheme. Meaning often the push is to seize everything they can and claim it as spoils of "drug profits", whether it is or not. The funds generated from the sale of this property makes it a given for police to want to take everything they can get their hands on to fund more cool purchases by their departments. Kind of like telling a kid "hey for every suspicious person you tell us about, you'll get a new cool toy!" Before you know it the kid has reported every neighbor in a 16 block radius.....:eek: