August 10 2013
    12PM

Where:
    Parkway House Family Restaurant
    3770 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC

After Lunch:
    Eagle Gun & Range
    3789 Roberta Church Rd, Concord, NC

(If anyone has a problem with the date or time let me know, goal is to have as many people as possible attend) Hope to see a few of you come!

---------------------------------------------
    Attending:
    Jamesm760 +1
    G22shooter +1
    Reade45
    roushstang99+1
    Carolina guy
    USMCRET
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 07-27-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

G22shooter +1
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Reade45
    Last edited by Reade45; 07-22-2013 at 11:18 AM.

What tentative time are you planning to hit the range? The wife is working overnights but know she would love to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by roushstang99 View Post
    What tentative time are you planning to hit the range? The wife is working overnights but know she would love to join us.
    Well we are meeting for lunch at 12PM and usually get out of there after about 1-2Hrs So the range will be around 1:45pm (rough estimate) I work nights too and I have to leave by 5pm =)

Hope to see you guys out there!
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 07-25-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Well we are meeting for lunch at 12PM and usually get out of there after about 1-2Hrs So the range will be around 1:45pm (rough estimate) I work nights too and I have to leave by 5pm =)

Hope to see you guys out there!
    We will be there. We are new to OC so it will be nice to get any advice or stories from other OC's.

roushstang99+1

GETTING READY FOR THE RANGE!!!!! I am buying some ammo in case they are empty at Eagle. If someone has a 1911 I would like to shoot it if possible, I'm going shopping for a new handgun and I'm considering a 1911 (though I've never shot one o.O)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0060.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	10664

Haven't had any luck with 9mm though =/

Rental guns

Eagle usually has a pretty good selection of pistols to rent. Last time I looked, they charged $10 to rent a pistol & you have to buy ammo from them to shoot through it. They very well may have a 1911 for you to rent.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Talking

GETTING READY FOR THE RANGE!!!!! I am buying some ammo in case they are empty at Eagle. If someone has a 1911 I would like to shoot it if possible, I'm going shopping for a new handgun and I'm considering a 1911 (though I've never shot one o.O)

I was just at Eagle to try out the S&W sd9ve my wife just bought at the range the other day and it didn't look like they had much 9mm ammo there. Wal-mart was out but Academy Sports had some but they limit it to 2 box's. I have been able to find some online and I think I'm going to go that route. Just have the extra cost of shipping. Try luckygunner.com, I think that's who im going to try. And they kind of break it down to cost per round to which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by roushstang99 View Post
    I was just at Eagle to try out the S&W sd9ve my wife just bought at the range the other day and it didn't look like they had much 9mm ammo there. Wal-mart was out but Academy Sports had some but they limit it to 2 box's. I have been able to find some online and I think I'm going to go that route. Just have the extra cost of shipping. Try luckygunner.com, I think that's who im going to try. And they kind of break it down to cost per round to which is nice.
    I try not to but online... they always have the prices jacked up. The associate at walmart informed me that I had just missed the 9mm the day before, the 40 and 45 I bought was left overs.... and wally sells their 9mm for around .25 /round, cheapest you can find online is around .50 per round (name brand).. One of these days things will return back to norm.

If I show up.(Im planning on it) You can shoot my Kimber. Try Gander Mountain for ammo I was just in there a few days ago and they had a lot of 250 rd cases. Cant remember the price though.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCRET. View Post
    If I show up.(Im planning on it) You can shoot my Kimber. Try Gander Mountain for ammo I was just in there a few days ago and they had a lot of 250 rd cases. Cant remember the price though.

That's actually what I'm looking to get. Got my eye on the Kimber Stainless 2. Buds has it for $850 http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...NLESS+II+45ACP

Hope to see you there!

Yea, I have a thing for the Stainless but when I bought the gun I was in Hawaii(Never buy a gun in Hawaii) and they didn't have one in stock. They offered to order one but told me that it would take about 6 months to get!!!!! So I got the Tactical Custom II instead. Been carrying it with me everywhere since.

I try not to but online... they always have the prices jacked up. The associate at walmart informed me that I had just missed the 9mm the day before, the 40 and 45 I bought was left overs.... and wally sells their 9mm for around .25 /round, cheapest you can find online is around .50 per round (name brand).. One of these days things will return back to norm.
    If you are in WW and see any extra 9mm...can you snag a box or two for me? :-) Seems like the Concord area ones are always out.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

That's actually what I'm looking to get. Got my eye on the Kimber Stainless 2. Buds has it for $850 http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...NLESS+II+45ACP

Hope to see you there!
    WOW...you must be getting a LOT of OT! Get them before you have kids...I am lucky to have enough to buy lunch anymore.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    WOW...you must be getting a LOT of OT! Get them before you have kids...I am lucky to have enough to buy lunch anymore.
    hahaha yea last week I worked 30hrs even of OT.. for the month of Aug. They already scheduled me for 16hrs of OT per week; so I'm going to treat myself to a Kimber at the end of the month.

If you are in WW and see any extra 9mm...can you snag a box or two for me? :-) Seems like the Concord area ones are always out.
    Yea... That's really what I've been searching for when I go to WW... I have yet to find some. It's always "we had some yesterday"... WW alaways has them for 23cents/round... everyone else has them for .30/round and people online try to sell for .40/round.
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 07-29-2013 at 06:43 PM.

You can try mine out, I have a Girsan 1911 S.

Quote Originally Posted by Reade45 View Post
    You can try mine out, I have a Girsan 1911 S.
    Thanks.

I'm reconsidering my primary carry. For some reason I didn't like my accuracy with my G23 compared to Carolina Guy's Hi-Power... ever since last meet when we hit the range, the thought of me being way more accurate with a firearm I shot the first time than with a firearm I have put 500+ rounds through, has been bothering me...

Maybe G22Shooter can give me some advice/pointers when we hit the range since he's a G22Shooter

Carolina Guy, what was your honest opinion of my glock since I think you mentioned it was your first time firing one?

Re: Charlotte Lunch & Range Saturday 8/10/2013

Thanks.

I'm reconsidering my primary carry. For some reason I didn't like my accuracy with my G23 compared to Carolina Guy's Hi-Power... ever since last meet when we hit the range, the thought of me being way more accurate with a firearm I shot the first time than with a firearm I have put 500+ rounds through, has been bothering me...

Maybe G22Shooter can give me some advice/pointers when we hit the range since he's a G22Shooter

Carolina Guy, what was your honest opinion of my glock since I think you mentioned it was your first time firing one?
    Well, sure! I can bring a HiPower and a couple of other things for you to try out. One thing that I am really enjoying is shooting 9mm through my G22 with a LoneWolf conversion barrel. It's great to be able to switch from one caliber to the other, based on which one I have on hand and which one was most recently loaded on my press.

Fat-fingered from my Samsung Galaxy TAB2...

Thanks.

James,

I thought your glock was a very good pistol...so I think it gets to personal preference. I tend to like a pistol with a bit of heft...but thats me. I used to have a Norinco 1911 and it was pretty accurate but hit me with the ejected catridges about 50% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    Well, sure! I can bring a HiPower and a couple of other things for you to try out. One thing that I am really enjoying is shooting 9mm through my G22 with a LoneWolf conversion barrel. It's great to be able to switch from one caliber to the other, based on which one I have on hand and which one was most recently loaded on my press.

Yea I have the lonewolf barrel too... I might look into getting a g22 since its a bit longer, maybe a bit more accurate.

James,

I thought your glock was a very good pistol...so I think it gets to personal preference. I tend to like a pistol with a bit of heft...but thats me. I used to have a Norinco 1911 and it was pretty accurate but hit me with the ejected catridges about 50% of the time.

Yea... I need to do more experimenting.

Re: Charlotte Lunch & Range Saturday 8/10/2013

I'm keeping my tumble cleaner running non-stop to clean up old brass and get new pistol ammo loaded for 8/10. Eventually I'm going to get my hands on some W296 or H110 powder so I can start loading some 300Blackout, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yea... I need to do more experimenting.

That's the fun part! :-)

That's the fun part! :-)
    INDEED IT IS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    I'm keeping my tumble cleaner running non-stop to clean up old brass and get new pistol ammo loaded for 8/10. Eventually I'm going to get my hands on some W296 or H110 powder so I can start loading some 300Blackout, but I'm not holding my breath.

We have to discuss reloading on Saturday, I need to start learning the ropes.

I was able to get my hands on some 9mm at the WW in Kannapolis on wednesday, they had around 30-40 50 round boxes, I was only able to get my hand on 3 since I was short on money that day. I went back Friday with more $$$ and more people, but the case was empty I still have 5 days to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast