• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Lunch & Range Saturday 8/10/2013

Jamesm760

Well, sure! I can bring a HiPower and a couple of other things for you to try out. One thing that I am really enjoying is shooting 9mm through my G22 with a LoneWolf conversion barrel. It's great to be able to switch from one caliber to the other, based on which one I have on hand and which one was most recently loaded on my press.

:D

Fat-fingered from my Samsung Galaxy TAB2...

Yea I have the lonewolf barrel too... I might look into getting a g22 since its a bit longer, maybe a bit more accurate.

James,

I thought your glock was a very good pistol...so I think it gets to personal preference. I tend to like a pistol with a bit of heft...but thats me. I used to have a Norinco 1911 and it was pretty accurate but hit me with the ejected catridges about 50% of the time.

Yea... I need to do more experimenting.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
I'm keeping my tumble cleaner running non-stop to clean up old brass and get new pistol ammo loaded for 8/10. Eventually I'm going to get my hands on some W296 or H110 powder so I can start loading some 300Blackout, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jamesm760

I'm keeping my tumble cleaner running non-stop to clean up old brass and get new pistol ammo loaded for 8/10. Eventually I'm going to get my hands on some W296 or H110 powder so I can start loading some 300Blackout, but I'm not holding my breath.

We have to discuss reloading on Saturday, I need to start learning the ropes.

I was able to get my hands on some 9mm at the WW in Kannapolis on wednesday, they had around 30-40 50 round boxes, I was only able to get my hand on 3 since I was short on money that day. I went back Friday with more $$$ and more people, but the case was empty :uhoh: I still have 5 days to go.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
We have to discuss reloading on Saturday, I need to start learning the ropes.

I was able to get my hands on some 9mm at the WW in Kannapolis on wednesday, they had around 30-40 50 round boxes, I was only able to get my hand on 3 since I was short on money that day. I went back Friday with more $$$ and more people, but the case was empty :uhoh: I still have 5 days to go.

Bring your questions!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

carolina guy

Great Meetup!! Glad to meet everyone and put a face to the profile name! Thanks for letting me shoot a few more weapons...wish I had more time, but the wife was alone with the maniacs and not feeling well. :)

Jamesm760

Great Meetup!! Glad to meet everyone and put a face to the profile name! Thanks for letting me shoot a few more weapons...wish I had more time, but the wife was alone with the maniacs and not feeling well. :)

Turned out GREAT! I liked all the firearms you guys allowed me to shoot... G22Shooter said he had a picture of me in action while shooting the carbine, hope to see that LOL.. When I get to work I will post for next meet up.

I was a bit confused what side that lady from Newtown CT was taking. For a moment I thought she was anti.. but I think she said that it couldn't have been prevented... so she wasn't blaming any firearms =) what did you guys take from that encounter??

The hot dogs I ate were very good.
Nice meeting Kalvin and Reed (sry if I misspelled) and also nice seeing Randy, Keen & Cecilia again! Hope seeing you guys in the next meet, look for the new meeting thread around 8pm.

USMCRET.

Yea guys and girls that was great! Glad to meet all of you and hope to do so more often. Well worth the drive from Gastonia. The range was nice and well priced in my opinion. Yea that lady did confuse me a bit. When she walked up it seemed like she was looking for a reaction. Not to mention I very much disagree with her statement that no one could have stopped him even if there had been an leo or armed civilian there, just because he had planned on killing people:banghead:. There have been many murders or potential massacres that were stopped by an armed civilian or leo. Thanks for sharing all of your firearms and I hope you enjoyed mine. Hope to start doing this regularly i.e. once a month or something.