• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a gun store in Vegas

Steve Larson

Hello... I'll be in Vegas in September and I'm looking for a gun store in Vegas that I can get some 10 round magazines, and holster and other accessories. Any that stand out that are good to deal with? Ive been to New Frontier Armoury in NLV a couple years ago and had a pleasant experience but if anyone can point me to other good places I will check them out. Thanks.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
No gun shop, in my opinion, has a great selection of holsters, but Wild West Guns, my favorite shop, has an okay selection of Galco if you have something popular.

Help us help you. For what gun are you looking for magazines and holsters? That will make all the difference.

Steve Larson

I have a Glock 17, and a CZ85. I was looking for magazines for the Glock, as well as a double magazine holder, and was hoping to find a retention holster for my CZ. I know the CZs aren't really popular in the U.S, especially for carry, so the holsters are a bit pricey, when you can find them. I know BladeTech makes them.. not sure who else. I love the BlackHawk level 2 that I use for my Glock, but they don't make one for CZ. The reason I use the BlackHawk is that it matches my duty holster so I have that muscle memory when drawing. I've never tried a Galco, but was interested and might be persuaded. I also just want to check out gun stores to see what other toys I can buy.

shadowed_stranger

I have a Glock 17, and a CZ85. I was looking for magazines for the Glock, as well as a double magazine holder, and was hoping to find a retention holster for my CZ. I know the CZs aren't really popular in the U.S, especially for carry, so the holsters are a bit pricey, when you can find them. I know BladeTech makes them.. not sure who else. I love the BlackHawk level 2 that I use for my Glock, but they don't make one for CZ. The reason I use the BlackHawk is that it matches my duty holster so I have that muscle memory when drawing. I've never tried a Galco, but was interested and might be persuaded. I also just want to check out gun stores to see what other toys I can buy.

You won't find too many 10 round magazines here. Your best bet is to call ahead of time and ask them if they do. I love my blackhawk holster for OWB carry. I have a galco IWB holster for my Glock 26 with a spare mag pouch attached. Very high quality and nicely built, but it seems to be the opposite of what you want.

Speaking of CZ, they just released the P-09: 19 round magazines in a standard size pistol (and they are flush with the grip!) Hopefully I'll be picking one up on Monday, yay!

As far as gun stores, I like Lock and Load on S Eastern Ave. I know some others here have had problems with them, but they are really well stocked, plenty of eye candy.

Steve Larson

Thanks "Shadowed"... I'll check that place out. I know that New Frontier will hold some for me if I email them in advance.. Apparently the Californians keep emptying their stock.

Steve Larson

Oh, and "Shadowed"... to answer your question from the other thread we are posting on, about flying from Canada to the U.S with firearms....

Yes, you can...and in fact the paperwork just came in my fax today. What I have to do is fill out a Form 6 NIA (Non-Immigrant Alien) which lists all my regular personal info, address, etc and PAL (Possession and Acquisition License...Yes, we get pre-screened in Canada and get a license good for 5 years). I also list any firearms I may want to bring to the US (I don't have to list all my firearms, just the ones I may want to bring across) and any ammo. They then fax or email the form back with "approved" or denied. It is good for one year from date of approval.
They say it takes up to 8 weeks to process but the longest was my first one at 6 weeks... each subsequent one has been one or two weeks. Pretty good for a government agency. They are actually really decent to deal with on the phone or by fax. The form says that I must take the firearms back with me, as they are only being temporarily imported for as long as I am in the country.
The flying part is pretty much the same as anywhere. Unloaded, trigger locked, in a hard case, in my luggage that is locked with a TSA lock. I declare the firearms to the airline, and they Xray it in front of me to verify the locks... then I take it to the US customs guys at our airport (Edmonton is an international airport with US Border in the terminal) where they ask the usual questions (how long are you staying, business or pleasure, etc). They then take me to another area to inspect my guns for serial numbers, legality, match my paperwork, etc... Then they say "have a great flight and a good vacation..good luck on the training course".... and my luggage goes underneath the plane, I get in the plane... It's harder to type the process than it is to live it. It is quite simple and painless, as long as I have everything in order. Once I leave the airport, I grab my rental car, load my gun, holster, and enjoy my trip. I will be out in Vegas September 22-26 if anyone wants to meet a real, live, Canadian who carries. hehe.