• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friends of the NRA dinner in Henderson

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The NRA rep, Mike Davis, won't even answer me when I ask what the carry policy is each time he picks a new venue. Gee, I wonder why.

I used to be the chairman for SoNV Friends of NRA and a top contributor. I can still contribute, but it seems he would rather I not be there.

CowboyKen

The NRA rep, Mike Davis, won't even answer me when I ask what the carry policy is each time he picks a new venue. Gee, I wonder why.

I used to be the chairman for SoNV Friends of NRA and a top contributor. I can still contribute, but it seems he would rather I not be there.

Come anyway, I would love to meet you. If you feel really strongly about it rub his nose in it.

Do you think Don Turner will be there? Bob Irwin? Anyone besides you that I would actally like to get to know?

Ken

Last edited:

mbogo470

Davis' job is to get the suckers in the door; he doesn't care about open carry or concealed carry. Apparently, he only cares about cash-and-carry.

He no longer even posts on Nevada Shooters.

mbogo

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Same here. In fact his last email he told me this" I dont care about your carry rights."

CowboyKen

From their flyer... "All firearm laws apply."

I think they are referring to transferring a firearm and any required background checks. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think they are telling us that because open carry is legal it is good to go at this event.

Ken

Vegassteve

Email from Dragon Ridge.

We do not allow firearms on our property. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you -
Roxanne Acre

DragonRidge Country Club
552 South Stephanie Street
Henderson, NV 89012
702-614-4444
www.dragonridge.com

I then asked if the auction firearms are allowed.

Yes, the Auctioned firearms are per the agreement with Mike Davis.

No personal weapons are permitted.

Roxanne

DragonRidge Country Club
Henderson, NV 89012
702-614-4444
www.dragonridge.com

mbogo470

Same here. In fact his last email he told me this" I dont care about your carry rights."

Perhaps it is because Davis is from southern California, where carry rights are essentially non-existent.

Dragon Ridge Country Club can burn to the ground for all I care. No guns, no dollars.

mbogo

Vegassteve

I got another email.

We do not allow guns on the Club property. Thank you for inquiring, we do appreciate that.

Larry

Larry Wright
General Manager
DragonRidge Country Club
Henderson, NV 89012
702-835-8583 - Direct Line
702-914-2019 - Fax
www.dragonridge.com

Just FYI the friends of nra is on twitter as well. @FriendsofNRA

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I posted the email exchange at Nevada Shooters. Everyone is pissed off about it; a couple have joined us in writing to Mike Davis' superior.

28kfps

Below is a note I sent the NRA and copy to Mr. Davis. I have contact info for those that might also want to shoot an e-mail or call.

This is in regards to once again the Las Vegas Nv. area Friends of NRA dinner being held at a anti 2nd amendment establishment.

Nevada has a large and active open carry following who are getting very disillusioned with the NRA and our never responding Field Representative Mike Davis. The NRA is losing support and the displeasure is being posted on the web and pro-gun forms.
How much trouble would it be to hold these local NRA meetings in a gun friendly establishment that follows Nevada’s gun laws? What will it take to get Mike some help, as it would appear he is very busy? Certainly, he would not be ignoring many who are very long time NRA members repeated attempts to contact him.

https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

National Rifle Association
13681 Newport Ave #8-618
Tustin, CA 92780
714.368.0451 voice
714.368.7609 fax
mdavis@nrahq.org

Last edited: