Thread: Going back to carrying my gun.

Going back to carrying my gun.

Last night while I was shopping at Crest foods in Moore I just happen to notice a couple of people open carrying in the store. I thought to myself I paid a lot of money for me to carry concealed and haven't done it because there aren't a lot of places in Moore that you can carry openly. So I just decided last night that I am going to go back to carrying my gun. I know at Wal-Mart in Moore that you can carry openly also.

Gregg

I think you will find that there are more places to open carry than you think. Get involved with your local OKOCA group and try to make some of their meetings. Great bunch of people to be around and a wealth of information.

You paid for the license; carry. I drove through Moore twice yesterday (to and from my niece's wedding in Norman). Carried my Model 37 concealed on the way down, but, after the wedding and the shedding of wedding duds, the Chief's Special Airweight returned to my hip.

I stopped to get my granddaughter something to eat, and some moron employees at Arby's raised their hands and asked me not to shoot them. I ignored them and dealt with the nice lady behind the counter. Didn't have time to ask manager if that's how he trains his crew, but I'm off tomorrow.

ECS
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    You paid for the license; carry. I drove through Moore twice yesterday (to and from my niece's wedding in Norman). Carried my Model 37 concealed on the way down, but, after the wedding and the shedding of wedding duds, the Chief's Special Airweight returned to my hip.

I stopped to get my granddaughter something to eat, and some moron employees at Arby's raised their hands and asked me not to shoot them. I ignored them and dealt with the nice lady behind the counter. Didn't have time to ask manager if that's how he trains his crew, but I'm off tomorrow.

ECS
    Honestly dont let it bother you. I have been open carrying in Oklahoma for almost 17 years (Part of my job fortunately) and I have heard it all. Id go in and people say goofball things but they are kids just being kids mostly. Remember that a bad experience can ruin their firearms future so instead dont be a snob too them just politely smile and go on doing what you were doing. You dont have to respond but how you act towards them will be seen many times by other onlookers.

The last thing we want is the world to think firearms enthusiast are all full of hate and anger. (Even if we dont intend to look that way)

Sorry, double post.

ECS
    Last edited by Elm Creek Smith; 07-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    Honestly dont let it bother you. I have been open carrying in Oklahoma for almost 17 years (Part of my job fortunately) and I have heard it all. Id go in and people say goofball things but they are kids just being kids mostly. Remember that a bad experience can ruin their firearms future so instead dont be a snob too them just politely smile and go on doing what you were doing. You dont have to respond but how you act towards them will be seen many times by other onlookers.

The last thing we want is the world to think firearms enthusiast are all full of hate and anger. (Even if we dont intend to look that way)
    At the time I ignored the boobs, but someone else pointed out that with them raising their hands when I walked in wearing a gun that someone else could have thought that I was an armed robber. I could have been mistakenly shot!

I intend to have a calm, adult discussion with the manager of that store tomorrow.

I open carry every day at work, too, as part of my job, but the badge and uniform tends to cut down on the wise@$$ remarks. Thanks to Uncle Sam, I've open carried in more countries than most folks have ever visited.

ECS

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    Last night while I was shopping at Crest foods in Moore I just happen to notice a couple of people open carrying in the store. I thought to myself I paid a lot of money for me to carry concealed and haven't done it because there aren't a lot of places in Moore that you can carry openly. So I just decided last night that I am going to go back to carrying my gun. I know at Wal-Mart in Moore that you can carry openly also.

Gregg
    There are very few places in Moore you are not allowed to carry. The ones that come to the top of my head are the Credit Union Service Center and the Mexican grocery store...both in the City of Moore shopping center. 7-11 and Circle K are posted as well, and so are a few of the churches. Those are the only non-prohibited places I can think of. I live in Moore and am always on the lookout for those little signs. Although it was not me in Crest last night, I have open carried in there with no incident.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice