Thread: hello from a new guy

hello from a new guy

just like to say hello,this is a great forum and im learning a lot and hopefully will learn more. Lots of good information as well as discusion.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Welcome to the forum!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Welcome aboard.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

North Chesterfield VA
    Welcome! Please check to see that THEY spelled your name correctly when it was put on THE LIST for joining us here. You might want to check and see if the other lists your name is on were updated to reflect you are now reading/posting at OCDO.

You will do yourself a favor by going to the state forum for where you live (where is NOCO anyhow?) and introducing yurself to the "locals". Check to see iof there are meet & greet activities near you. If there are, show up and get to know the people behind the screen names. If there are no meet & greets near you, start one - just pick a place and a time you will be there. Someone ought to show up if just to find out who the FNG is. If nobody shows up the first time, do it again until someone does show up.

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 07-24-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: directionally challenged
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Welcome aboard OCDO.

Moved to Colorado sub-forum where you can better find interaction.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Colorado Springs
    Welcome from Colorado Springs!!!

El Paso County, Colorado

Another welcome from Colorado Springs

I have been signed up for a few months now but becoming more active, especially since I just started OCing sometimes in "neutral" areas that aren't positively friendly to open carry, but on the other hand don't post "no guns." (I often carry in places I know will positively approve of it. That's easy. It takes a little more guts to walk into the corner store where they know you and might react negatively if they see a..... a.... a.... GUN on your hip).

Obviously the more who do this the better. Have you OCed yet?
    Last edited by SteveInCO; 07-24-2013 at 08:31 PM.

earth's crust
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt doug View Post
    just like to say hello,this is a great forum and im learning a lot and hopefully will learn more. Lots of good information as well as discusion.
    Welcome to the forum.

Now give me twenty !

Fort Collins Area, CO
    Welcome to the site. Where in NoCo are you? I'm out in Greeley mostly but open carry in Loveland and Fort Collins fairly regularly.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.