• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hello from a new guy

sgt doug

just like to say hello,this is a great forum and im learning a lot and hopefully will learn more. Lots of good information as well as discusion.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome! Please check to see that THEY spelled your name correctly when it was put on THE LIST for joining us here. You might want to check and see if the other lists your name is on were updated to reflect you are now reading/posting at OCDO.

You will do yourself a favor by going to the state forum for where you live (where is NOCO anyhow?) and introducing yurself to the "locals". Check to see iof there are meet & greet activities near you. If there are, show up and get to know the people behind the screen names. If there are no meet & greets near you, start one - just pick a place and a time you will be there. Someone ought to show up if just to find out who the FNG is. If nobody shows up the first time, do it again until someone does show up.

stay safe.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome aboard OCDO.

Moved to Colorado sub-forum where you can better find interaction.

SteveInCO

Another welcome from Colorado Springs

I have been signed up for a few months now but becoming more active, especially since I just started OCing sometimes in "neutral" areas that aren't positively friendly to open carry, but on the other hand don't post "no guns." (I often carry in places I know will positively approve of it. That's easy. It takes a little more guts to walk into the corner store where they know you and might react negatively if they see a..... a.... a.... GUN on your hip).

Obviously the more who do this the better. Have you OCed yet?

Last edited:

eBratt

Welcome to the site. Where in NoCo are you? I'm out in Greeley mostly but open carry in Loveland and Fort Collins fairly regularly.