• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

STILL no RKBA in IL - any challenges from RKBA groups?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Despite the costly, greatly limited, and time-consuming privilege recently and graciously granted by IL legislators :rolleyes:, neither now nor when the privilege cards are issued will IL residents have a RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Is anyone aware of any planned efforts to challenge the legislators actions as STILL not being in line with the recent court decision?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Despite the costly, greatly limited, and time-consuming privilege recently and graciously granted by IL legislators :rolleyes:, neither now nor when the privilege cards are issued will IL residents have a RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Is anyone aware of any planned efforts to challenge the legislators actions as STILL not being in line with the recent court decision?

Well, the Shepard case is doing something but I don't think that this case will go forward any further ~ we'll see.

As to other actions, I don't know of any ... likely because when a new action would be decided, the case would be moot?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
C'mon folks! Give us a little time! We just got our foot in the door of one of the most dictocratic "blue" states.

We can probably all agree that this law is a P.o.S., but it IS a start. Considering how long Illinois (and especially Shicago!) has been blocking this, it will take some time, careful, responsible people, and damn few mistakes of ANY kind to change public perception.

Granted, it's not so bad downstate, except in East St. Louis and St. Clair county, but Springfield and parts northeast of there need convincing.

Give us time - we've just begun. :D
Not to denigrate your accomplishment - I'm happy that you've accomplished something, but that's not my point, or my question.

My point is that you've now got a privilege - not a right - which is what I understand the court to have said was denied.

So my question stands: is anyone aware of any planned efforts to challenge the legislators actions as STILL not being in line with the recent court decision?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hey I'm happy that you've accomplished something, but that's not my point, or my question. My point is that you've now got a privilege - not a right - which is what I understand the court to have said was denied.

So my question stands: is anyone aware of any planned efforts to challenge the legislators actions as STILL not being in line with the recent court decision?

It's Illinois.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not to denigrate your accomplishment - I'm happy that you've accomplished something, but that's not my point, or my question.

My point is that you've now got a privilege - not a right - which is what I understand the court to have said was denied.

The courthouse is that-a-way my friend....

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...oking-to-immediately-carry-concealed-weapons/

But Stiehl’s 10-page ruling agreed with the position of Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office: Challenging the legality of the span state police have to set up the program would require Shepard and the state rifle group to file a new complaint spelling out why such a wait is onerous or illegal.

Told ya ... read the Shepard complaint and you would have to agree ..

lockman

State Researcher
Mary Shepard and ISRA have filed an for an emergency injunction against enforcement of UUW laws pending the appeal with the 7th Circuit Court of appeals. Also action to expedite.

They request the orders given the district court by the 7th Circuit be entered as ordered.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Mary Shepard and ISRA have filed an for an emergency injunction against enforcement of UUW laws pending the appeal with the 7th Circuit Court of appeals. Also action to expedite.

They request the orders given the district court by the 7th Circuit be entered as ordered.
What's a UUW law?

Back to my original question: despite the costly, greatly limited, and time-consuming privilege recently and graciously granted by IL legislators :rolleyes:, neither now nor when the privilege cards are issued will IL residents have a RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Is anyone aware of any planned efforts to challenge the legislators actions as STILL not being in line with the court decision re: the Second Amendment still doesn't apply to IL?

lockman

State Researcher
UUW Unlawful use of a weapon and AGG UUW, Aggravated.

And Illinois has now passed "Privilege to Carry" not Right to Carry. We have a long way to go.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member

Any way we can see exactly what was filed? I'm looking for motions verbatim for what was filed. My Google-fu isn't working when it comes to this. It's quite frustrating.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...And Illinois has now passed "Privilege to Carry" not Right to Carry...
Hence my previous statement "...neither now nor when the privilege cards are issued will IL residents have a RIGHT to keep and bear arms" and my (still unanswered) question.

Thanks for the meaning of UUW.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Any way we can see exactly what was filed? I'm looking for motions verbatim for what was filed. My Google-fu isn't working when it comes to this. It's quite frustrating.

Google-fu is of little help with pacer docs (unless someone goes to the courthouse it was filed in and downloads it from the PC terminal, which I have done before - usb into PC and save to it). The feds make it a pain to get records..and Pacer? Who wants to pay? Not me!

E6chevron

I ALWAYS test my links before I post them...

Your link, is a link, to this very post! OOps!

Lockman attached a .pdf file to his post. This is a link. When you click on it, you should see his post, but somewhere on your browser screen, probably at the bottom, will be a popup window, asking if you want to open or save the attachment.

kurt555gs

Personally I think there is a short window to argue that open carry is a right denied in Illinois regardless of how long the CCL delays the limited concealed permission slips. The 7th CA decision said the old AUUW law was unconstitutional because it denied any method of carry, not concealed carry.

Not that the NRA, ISRA, or " The website that shall not be named " would ever support open carry.

Soylent Green is made out of people.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Personally I think there is a short window to argue that open carry is a right denied in Illinois regardless of how long the CCL delays the limited concealed permission slips. The 7th CA decision said the old AUUW law was unconstitutional because it denied any method of carry, not concealed carry...

...Soylent Green is made out of people.
Why a "short window"? The time frame I'm seeing is NEVER - not now and not when the permission slips are issued.

You don't need a permission slip to exercise a right, and even when the permission slips are finally issued there STILL will be no RKBA in Illinois.