Thread: Bad holster belt clip

Bad holster belt clip

I have a ruger LC9 and was wearing It tonight when the holster came off of the clip and hit the floor. The gun wasn't damaged at all thank God for that but the brand name of the holster is uncle mikes. I took the clip off and just ran my belt through the belt loop on the holster which gives it a more snug fit. I am going to have to wear the gun on the out side of my pants and just wear a longer shirt unless there are any other suggestions.

Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    I have a ruger LC9 and was wearing It tonight when the holster came off of the clip and hit the floor. The gun wasn't damaged at all thank God for that but the brand name of the holster is uncle mikes. I took the clip off and just ran my belt through the belt loop on the holster which gives it a more snug fit. I am going to have to wear the gun on the out side of my pants and just wear a longer shirt unless there are any other suggestions.

Gregg
    I would recommend a hybrid holster (part kydex and part leather) for IWB. I personally have and use Looper leather holsters and they hold up very well! If you're local you can find them at H&H if not then online at www.looperleather.com Hope this helps! They also have kydex reinforced belts that hold your firearm and holsters closer to your body and are sturdy!

I'm not really a fan of Uncle Mikes holsters. I had a couple and the plastic belt loop just denigrated over time. I prefer good leather holsters, either my own manufacture or a reliable company.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Agree with WW. I bought an Uncle Mike's. Used it for a couple weeks until I could get the wife to agree to let me get a better holster. I don't even know where I put the other one...don't really care, either!

By mentioning a longer shirt, I assume that you conceal carry. For CC, try a crossbreed supertuck. I don't wear one, but both my coworkers do and they swear that the supertuck is the most comfortable CC holster made.

I'd look at getting a larger gun and OCing it. If you're dead set on CCing then there's a bunch of different options. I know that when I used to CC I used a Blackhawk nylon universal holster. It was great for appendix carry (9-3 o'clock depending on if you're a lefty or righty), but I wouldn't use that holster if you prefer to carry on the side or rear. Allowed me to comfortably carry an XDm 40 when the leather holster that I had wouldn't; and the TCP that I have was so unnoticable one could forget that they were carrying it.

If you're going to go IWB, try the DeSantis #106 Sof-Tuck™. It uses a "J" hook that goes under your belt and is adjustable for rake. It has a heavy suede body that won't slide around or up and out of your waistband. When I have to carry concealed, I use one for my J-Frame guns. I carried all week long in Texas and at my niece's wedding without losing either the gun or the holster.

ECS
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

I wouldn't rule out all UM holsters as bad. I have a paddle for my .40 and a shoulder rig for my .44 mag. Had them for years and not a single problem. Just saying...
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

If you conceal also look at the N82tactical. I have had mine for a while and still am impressed as the day I bought it.