Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy shot himself in hand with Glock 40

Banned

Guy shot himself in hand with Glock 40

http://imgur.com/tb6GoF3

Just a pick ... remember .. handle your firearms safely

Wowwie!!!

Saw a youtube vid some years ago,
    by a "trained professional" on the proper way to take apart a Glock...

HE PUT THE MUZZLE of the gun in his palm, then dry fired it to release the striker!!

I was shocked that anyone would do that...
    I seems that,,, "anyone",, would do That,,, but it didnt dry fire.
    Must not have been a "trained professional"!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

That's going to leave a mark.

Is a Glock 40 a 20mm?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    how did he get the clean line cuts to his skin ? maybe the doctors did that ?

either way, I bet his hand hurts.
    I bet a little lotion isn't going to do the trick, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post

Is a Glock 40 a 20mm?
    10mm

Re: Guy shot himself in hand with Glock 40

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post

Is a Glock 40 a 20mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    10mm
    While a .40 is a 10mm diameter bullet, a 10mm round is while different monster than .40

Sent from the back of a black van
    Last edited by SPOProds; 07-23-2013 at 05:25 AM.

A twenty mm pistol would have quite a bit of recoil.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Wink

He got his tendon that controls his communication finger (middle finger); he won't be able to communicate with it for a while.

Lee Paige again, I assume?

Edit: You're all mistaken. It's pronounced "Glawk fowty", and nobody actually knows what caliber it is – it's kind of a trial-and-error thing.
    Last edited by marshaul; 07-23-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Lee Paige again, I assume?

Edit: You're all mistaken. It's pronounced "Glawk fowty", and nobody actually knows what caliber it is – it's kind of a trial-and-error thing.
    Looks like more error to me....

The holster did it...LOL
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The holster did it...LOL
    That works for me,gotta blame something.

I know a guy who shot his little finger off field striping a Glock.

He forgot the main points in the process make sure it is unloaded then POINT IT IS A SAFE DIRECTION before pulling the trigger.

I sure what happen was he dropped the mag tried to disassembly the realized dam I have to pull the trigger and had his hand in front for the barrel as he was pushing down on the take down latches.

Stupid is as stupid does.

That had to hurt.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

That had to hurt.
    Only a lot .. but don't worry, I felt nothing .. whew! Glocks,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The holster did it...LOL
    LOL!

Don't blame the Glocks. Waaaay back in the Time of Dinosaurs, when I was still on AD, our Military Police and our officers were armed with 1911s. I do not know how many died or were seriously injured because of some idiot improperly clearing a weapon.

Proper procedure:
    1. Drop magazine.
    2. Rack slide and lock back.
    3. Check for empty chamber, visually and with little finger.
    3A. Remove little finger.
    4. Release slide.
    5. Pull trigger to drop hammer.

Idiot procedure:
    1. Rack slide and release.
    2. Drop magazine.
    3. Pull trigger......BANG!!!

And, yes, our officers were just as prone to that sort of asshattery. I had to chew one young captain's rear end for pointing his non-issue 1911 at one of my soldiers. He went to the Battalion Commander. The BC called me in and asked me for my side of the story. When I got through, the Command Sergeant Major and I got to listen to a colonel deliver a masterful, if somewhat profane, description of the captain and his ancestry for several generations. He was out of the battalion shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by SFCRetired; 07-24-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Change suggested by OC for Me
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Rule 2.

ECS
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Don't blame the Glocks. Waaaay back in the Time of Dinosaurs, when I was still on AD, our Military Police and our officers were armed with 1911s. I do not know how many died or were seriously injured because of some idiot improperly clearing a weapon.

Proper procedure:
    1. Drop magazine.
    2. Rack slide and lock back.
    3. Check for empty chamber, visually and with little finger.
    3A. Remove little finger.
    4. Release slide.
    5. Pull trigger to drop hammer.

Idiot procedure:
    1. Rack slide and release.
    2. Drop magazine.
    3. Pull trigger......BANG!!!

And, yes, our officers were just as prone to that sort of asshattery. I had to chew one young captain's rear end for pointing his non-issue 1911 at one of my soldiers. He went to the Battalion Commander. The BC called me in and asked me for my side of the story. When I got through, the Command Sergeant Major and I got to listen to a colonel deliver a masterful, if somewhat profane, description of the captain and his ancestry for several generations. He was out of the battalion shortly thereafter.
    Recommend adding the blue text to your list.

I don't stick my appendages in places that have sharp corners, that could hurt. That is why God created pen lights, or bore lights. Not to be confused with a boring dimwit.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

With a 1911 (or, for that matter, an XD), if one locks the slide back, one can simply point the barrel at a light source, and look, from behind the slide, down the barrel through the gap between the slide and frame. This is my preferred way of checking the bore.

If your gun does not lock the slide back, mark a pencil for that specific gun. The pencil can then be put in the barrel for depth. If pencil will not reach it's mark, it is loaded. To be sure pull slide back slightly and the eraser of the pencil will be visible if gun is unloaded.

Usually that is the method to tell if a muzzle loader is loaded. By inserting the ram rod and checking depth.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Recommend adding the blue text to your list.
    You're right. I did have some second lieutenants who were dense enough to have left their finger in as the slide slammed shut!

@Marshaul: I was trained to both look and to check with my little finger. Redundant perhaps, but, knock on wood, I've never had a ND while clearing one of my pistols.
    Last edited by SFCRetired; 07-24-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Addition
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    @Marshaul: I was trained to both look and to check with my little finger. Redundant perhaps, but, knock on wood, I've never had a ND while clearing one of my pistols.
    My check is an equivalent level of redundancy to the pinkie method, because it assumes that the operator first performs a normal inspection of the chamber through the ejection port.

Actually, it's better. The pinkie test wouldn't have saved Brandon Lee's life, but my check would have.

It's different from the normal chamber inspection because you're looking down the bore, and if you can see the light source illuminating the rifling, you can be absolutely certain that the bore and the chamber are clear. Neither the pinkie check nor inspecting the chamber through the ejection port can accomplish this.

Doesn't work with all pistols, though.

Crappy photos to demonstrate:

This 1911 is clear.
    Last edited by marshaul; 07-24-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    My check is an equivalent level of redundancy to the pinkie method, because it assumes that the operator first performs a normal inspection of the chamber through the ejection port.

Actually, it's better. The pinkie test wouldn't have saved Brandon Lee's life, but my check would have.

It's different from the normal chamber inspection because you're looking down the bore, and if you can see the light source illuminating the rifling, you can be absolutely certain that the bore and the chamber are clear. Neither the pinkie check nor inspecting the chamber through the ejection port can accomplish this.

Doesn't work with all pistols, though.

I don't check the chamber visually or phisically, I just rack the slide stick my pinky in muzzle and dry fire...
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

This photo was good for showing my son what could happen if you don't follow all the safety rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast