• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy shot himself in hand with Glock 40

Ca Patriot

how did he get the clean line cuts to his skin ? maybe the doctors did that ?

either way, I bet his hand hurts.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Saw a youtube vid some years ago,
by a "trained professional" on the proper way to take apart a Glock...

HE PUT THE MUZZLE of the gun in his palm, then dry fired it to release the striker!!

I was shocked that anyone would do that...
I seems that,,, "anyone",, would do That,,, but it didnt dry fire.
Must not have been a "trained professional"!!!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Lee Paige again, I assume?

Edit: You're all mistaken. It's pronounced "Glawk fowty", and nobody actually knows what caliber it is – it's kind of a trial-and-error thing.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I know a guy who shot his little finger off field striping a Glock.

He forgot the main points in the process make sure it is unloaded then POINT IT IS A SAFE DIRECTION before pulling the trigger.

I sure what happen was he dropped the mag tried to disassembly the realized dam I have to pull the trigger and had his hand in front for the barrel as he was pushing down on the take down latches.

Stupid is as stupid does.

That had to hurt.

SFCRetired

Don't blame the Glocks. Waaaay back in the Time of Dinosaurs, when I was still on AD, our Military Police and our officers were armed with 1911s. I do not know how many died or were seriously injured because of some idiot improperly clearing a weapon.

Proper procedure:
1. Drop magazine.
2. Rack slide and lock back.
3. Check for empty chamber, visually and with little finger.
3A. Remove little finger.
4. Release slide.
5. Pull trigger to drop hammer.

Idiot procedure:
1. Rack slide and release.
2. Drop magazine.
3. Pull trigger......BANG!!!

And, yes, our officers were just as prone to that sort of asshattery. I had to chew one young captain's rear end for pointing his non-issue 1911 at one of my soldiers. He went to the Battalion Commander. The BC called me in and asked me for my side of the story. When I got through, the Command Sergeant Major and I got to listen to a colonel deliver a masterful, if somewhat profane, description of the captain and his ancestry for several generations. He was out of the battalion shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Don't blame the Glocks. Waaaay back in the Time of Dinosaurs, when I was still on AD, our Military Police and our officers were armed with 1911s. I do not know how many died or were seriously injured because of some idiot improperly clearing a weapon.

Proper procedure:
1. Drop magazine.
2. Rack slide and lock back.
3. Check for empty chamber, visually and with little finger.
3A. Remove little finger.
4. Release slide.
5. Pull trigger to drop hammer.

Idiot procedure:
1. Rack slide and release.
2. Drop magazine.
3. Pull trigger......BANG!!!

And, yes, our officers were just as prone to that sort of asshattery. I had to chew one young captain's rear end for pointing his non-issue 1911 at one of my soldiers. He went to the Battalion Commander. The BC called me in and asked me for my side of the story. When I got through, the Command Sergeant Major and I got to listen to a colonel deliver a masterful, if somewhat profane, description of the captain and his ancestry for several generations. He was out of the battalion shortly thereafter.
Recommend adding the blue text to your list.