Thread: Everett Mall Shooting

Everett Mall Shooting

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/P...216689781.html

I thought I'd bring this up, fortunately nobody was hurt. I remember last year I OC at Everett Mall and security hunted me down in Old Navy's fitting room and asked me to leave or put my firearm in the car. New to OC I complied with putting it in my car, and for a few months I attempted to address the issue with the general manager. He ignored all my emails when I asked about the rules, especially when there is no sign posted that addresses it. Oh well I don't wait my money there anyway. But this just goes to show how foolish it is to expect criminals to play without guns just because there is some arbitrary rule that says they can't.

Just thought I post this to see what you all thought about it.

Peace

Yet another shooting in a Sacrifice Zone (also known as Gun Free Zone). Fortunately no one was hurt.

I'm sure WA Ceasefire will jump all over this for propaganda purposes even though it completely works against them from any logical point of view.

Logic?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post

I'm sure WA Ceasefire will jump all over this for propaganda purposes even though it completely works against them from any logical point of view.
    Who uses logic anymore when constructing a coherent argument... people only respond to emotional testimony. Should be a show.

I think your experience is the most common experience when carrying at a mall. If anyone so much as sees a weapon on someone, they will report you to rent a cop. It's bs. Malls are on my list of "will not go without a gun".

Even with the south Everett precinct across the street, still took time for the police to arrive. I used to live in that neighborhood, I am so glad I left.

I've OC'ed in South Center Mall, Northgate Mall and Alderwood Mall and had no issues. Although a (supposed) security guard from the Alderwood Mall contacted me on on my Youtube channel and said they are actually suppose to call the police if they see you, however, they don't if your just minding your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I've OC'ed in South Center Mall, Northgate Mall and Alderwood Mall and had no issues. Although a (supposed) security guard from the Alderwood Mall contacted me on on my Youtube channel and said they are actually suppose to call the police if they see you, however, they don't if your just minding your business.
    I'm surprised South Center didn't give you trouble. We had a store there that sold umbrellas that looked like katanas. One of our customers was kicked out of the mall after purchasing one and the wearing it around the mall. They didn't care that it was a "toy" and did not give him the option to put it in his car and then continue shopping. It was simply, "you need to leave now." This was a few years ago, right after they had a wave of shootings. Supposedly they were coming down hard on all forms of weapons in response.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Even with the south Everett precinct across the street, still took time for the police to arrive. I used to live in that neighborhood, I am so glad I left.
    That "precinct" is only a place where you can go and complain about dog crap on your lawn, report a stolen lawnmower, etc.

If you need a cop in Everett, you have to call 911 and wait, just like everyone else.

As for shopping in the Everett Mall, I'm surprised that there were that many people there when the shot rang out. Last time I was there a couple years ago it was almost a "rush to the door" by all the merchants with space there. They were closing up operation as quick as the carpenters could put up the false walls.
    Last edited by amlevin; 07-24-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

And to think I used to shop in that Mall...

Last time I was in there, I carried, but my Dad griped about OC, so I concealed just to shut him up.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Banned
    A few should go one day and go different routes ... it will take the rent a cops all day to toss you guys out .. and likely won't be able to reach all of you ...

bring radios and the first guy caught can then be a lookout for the others, following the security guys around and announcing their locations ...

By the end of the day, they'll likely just give up, even though they are getting 100 calls an hour.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-28-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A few should go one day and go different routes ... it will take the rent a cops all day to toss you guys out .. and likely won't be able to reach all of you ...

bring radios and the first guy caught can then be a lookout for the others, following the security guys around and announcing their locations ...

By the end of the day, they'll likely just give up, even though they are getting 100 calls an hour.
    You sir have a devious mind. I like it

Just remember though for most of the security guards "driving" them nuts would be more like "just a short putt".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Everett Mall Shooting

Also, you might want to be "hard of hearing" and make security issue a written notice to leave.

"Huh? What?"
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Also, you might want to be "hard of hearing" and make security issue a written notice to leave.

"Huh? What?"
    I forgot my hearing-aids. So you want me to go have fun in the mall? I can't have fun in the mall? You're trying to make a bad pun?.....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)