• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett Mall Shooting

Knowledge

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Police-No-injuries-in-Everett-Mall-shooting-216689781.html

I thought I'd bring this up, fortunately nobody was hurt. I remember last year I OC at Everett Mall and security hunted me down in Old Navy's fitting room and asked me to leave or put my firearm in the car. New to OC I complied with putting it in my car, and for a few months I attempted to address the issue with the general manager. He ignored all my emails when I asked about the rules, especially when there is no sign posted that addresses it. Oh well I don't wait my money there anyway. But this just goes to show how foolish it is to expect criminals to play without guns just because there is some arbitrary rule that says they can't.

Just thought I post this to see what you all thought about it.

Peace

Alpine

Yet another shooting in a Sacrifice Zone (also known as Gun Free Zone). Fortunately no one was hurt.

I'm sure WA Ceasefire will jump all over this for propaganda purposes even though it completely works against them from any logical point of view.

Knowledge

Logic?!

I'm sure WA Ceasefire will jump all over this for propaganda purposes even though it completely works against them from any logical point of view.

Who uses logic anymore when constructing a coherent argument... people only respond to emotional testimony. Should be a show.

OCbaldguy

I think your experience is the most common experience when carrying at a mall. If anyone so much as sees a weapon on someone, they will report you to rent a cop. It's bs. Malls are on my list of "will not go without a gun".

acmariner99

Even with the south Everett precinct across the street, still took time for the police to arrive. I used to live in that neighborhood, I am so glad I left.

Knowledge

I've OC'ed in South Center Mall, Northgate Mall and Alderwood Mall and had no issues. Although a (supposed) security guard from the Alderwood Mall contacted me on on my Youtube channel and said they are actually suppose to call the police if they see you, however, they don't if your just minding your business.

jfslicer

I've OC'ed in South Center Mall, Northgate Mall and Alderwood Mall and had no issues. Although a (supposed) security guard from the Alderwood Mall contacted me on on my Youtube channel and said they are actually suppose to call the police if they see you, however, they don't if your just minding your business.

I'm surprised South Center didn't give you trouble. We had a store there that sold umbrellas that looked like katanas. One of our customers was kicked out of the mall after purchasing one and the wearing it around the mall. They didn't care that it was a "toy" and did not give him the option to put it in his car and then continue shopping. It was simply, "you need to leave now." This was a few years ago, right after they had a wave of shootings. Supposedly they were coming down hard on all forms of weapons in response.

amlevin

Even with the south Everett precinct across the street, still took time for the police to arrive. I used to live in that neighborhood, I am so glad I left.

That "precinct" is only a place where you can go and complain about dog crap on your lawn, report a stolen lawnmower, etc.

If you need a cop in Everett, you have to call 911 and wait, just like everyone else.

As for shopping in the Everett Mall, I'm surprised that there were that many people there when the shot rang out. Last time I was there a couple years ago it was almost a "rush to the door" by all the merchants with space there. They were closing up operation as quick as the carpenters could put up the false walls.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
A few should go one day and go different routes ... it will take the rent a cops all day to toss you guys out .. and likely won't be able to reach all of you ...

bring radios and the first guy caught can then be a lookout for the others, following the security guys around and announcing their locations ...

By the end of the day, they'll likely just give up, even though they are getting 100 calls an hour.

Last edited:

amlevin

A few should go one day and go different routes ... it will take the rent a cops all day to toss you guys out .. and likely won't be able to reach all of you ...

bring radios and the first guy caught can then be a lookout for the others, following the security guys around and announcing their locations ...

By the end of the day, they'll likely just give up, even though they are getting 100 calls an hour.

You sir have a devious mind. I like it :)

Just remember though for most of the security guards "driving" them nuts would be more like "just a short putt".