Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Greater Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. 7/27/13

Greater Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. 7/27 9:30 AM

River City Diner
    803 East Parham Road...........Directions
    Richmond, VA 23227-1107
    (804) 266-1500
    Starter topics:

Tomato festivals - something was rotten in the basket.

Status of several court cases.

Best year for Glock - 1911.

Are we still having a drought?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

No mention of the big after party? Guess folks will have to go to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...cealed-welcome to read about it.

Barring sudden complications it looks like I will be able to make this one. I'll also have the ATV charged up for the after party.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    No mention of the big after party? Guess folks will have to go to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...cealed-welcome to read about it.

Barring sudden complications it looks like I will be able to make this one. I'll also have the ATV charged up for the after party.

stay safe.
    Breakfast is going to last for two weeks? I guess that it is only slightly longer that usual. :P

stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    Breakfast is going to last for two weeks? I guess that it is only slightly longer that usual. :P
    Skid doesn' t like to be late.
    The Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show 2013 - Aug. 9, 10, & 11th

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Sure! Go ahead! Make fun of the handicapped.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Well......ahhh YEAH !

Sure! Go ahead! Make fun of the handicapped.

stay safe.
    Like that is something new? Next you will be saying how defenseless you are, right?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Unfortunately, I will have to miss this week. AC guy is arriving at 0 dark 30 to install a new heatpump system. We have been without AC for 3 weeks now.
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 07-25-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Like that is something new? Next you will be saying how defenseless you are, right?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Unfortunately, I will have to miss this week. AC guy is arriving at 0 dark 30 to install a new heatpump system. We have been without AC for 3 weeks now.
    Normally I'd point out how totally wrong you are, but then everybody would start talking about whether I was normal or not.

Now we know why you have been pulling all those extra shifts - riding around in the A/C beats sweating at home in front of The Cartoon Channel.

See you at the next one you can make.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Will try to make this one...,

seeing how we missed the last couple or few. May bring mrs. sidestreet too! BTW, loved the "S.O.S.", Skid, thanks!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

I'll be there. coming from quantico, so it'll be a good trip in the bronco. Took the top off in May, so i am always looking for a reason to make long trips.
    “The constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the united states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms”

Alexander Hamilton

so .. are we going to do the big table again ?

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    so .. are we going to do the big table again ?
    Yes, to the left side. Can always add more service support units as required.

Room for two more?

My wife (Ladyhawke) and I will be heading down for breakfast if there is room. - As long as folks from Occoquan are allowed to travel that far south. We are still trying to decide if we should ride our motorcycles or take the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap&Ball View Post
    My wife (Ladyhawke) and I will be heading down for breakfast if there is room. - As long as folks from Occoquan are allowed to travel that far south. We are still trying to decide if we should ride our motorcycles or take the car.
    Always room for more friends - RCD is most accommodating too. We'll be on the lookout for you.

Weather should be great for a ride

Re: Greater Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. 7/27

I'll be there with my wife. Going to the Amelia beef festival and was able to get off work for the day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Cap&Ball View Post
    Beware how much time you spend south of the Ni. Too long and you will be able to literally see any liberalness/progressiveness coming out of your pores.

It's only if you plan on crossing the James that you will need to show your visa and proof of immunizations.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Beware how much time you spend south of the Ni. Too long and you will be able to literally see any liberalness/progressiveness coming out of your pores.

It's only if you plan on crossing the James that you will need to show your visa and proof of immunizations.

stay safe.

No liberal/progressive tendencies here. The military decided they needed our efforts near DC. So we live in the area with most retained freedom. It is fun here... we will try to have all traces of duct tape removed from our heads before we leave.

Sorry, My comment was not directed at you specifically. Should have used "NoVa-ites" instead. And it's even more pronounced with Jerseyites. We have living proof, but he refuses to come to the OC dinners for fear he will be exposed to BBQ.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'll be there but the keeper says I have to finish the roof before it rains.

Toggle Switch says he's coming too

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Toggle Switch says he's coming too
    I've got some tarps and bungee cords/rope you can have - makes "fixing" the roof easier.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Well you've had all night now - presume you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Well you've had all night now - presume you are done.
    Interesting leak.

It's not a steep roof...6/12 and one spot about 21" was dished in. A seam in the felt ran right through the middle of it and the shingle line did too.

It looks like it has been weeping for a long time making the dish worse. When we got the monsoon the other day I guess it puddled there and instead of weeping, it dripped.

I had to pull the shingles up, replace the sheathing, put down new felt and some roof cement to seal the edge, then re-shingle that area.

I also noticed some wear around the starter shingles that I'm going to fix while I'm up there.

Interesting leak.

It's not a steep roof...6/12 and one spot about 21" was dished in. A seam in the felt ran right through the middle of it and the shingle line did too.

It looks like it has been weeping for a long time making the dish worse. When we got the monsoon the other day I guess it puddled there and instead of weeping, it dripped.

I had to pull the shingles up, replace the sheathing, put down new felt and some roof cement to seal the edge, then re-shingle that area.

I also noticed some wear around the starter shingles that I'm going to fix while I'm up there.
    I am strong proponent of ice and water shield - it is vastly superior to felt.
    http://www.silive.com/homegarden/hom...hield_i_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I am strong proponent of ice and water shield - it is vastly superior to felt.
    http://www.silive.com/homegarden/hom...hield_i_1.html
    Interesting. I've never used it. I'll see if I can find some for the farm.
    Thanks!
    See you shortly.

Had a great time here today. Was worth the drive. Looking forward to starting one in stafford.
    “The constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the united states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms”

Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by lil_shawn1990 View Post
    Had a great time here today. Was worth the drive. Looking forward to starting one in stafford.
    Good meeting both of you Shawn. As you saw, we have a lot of fun but get a lot of business done to. That's where the major plotting and planning takes place.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-27-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast