Thread: Joplin OC?

Joplin OC?

Does anyone have the current handgun law for Joplin? Specifically, I want to know whether OC is legal or not for Joplin. There is this guy at work that keeps telling me that OC is illegal because he has "contacts" within Newton County and they told him that. I get the feeling that he is talking out of his rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemaster69 View Post
    Does anyone have the current handgun law for Joplin? Specifically, I want to know whether OC is legal or not for Joplin. There is this guy at work that keeps telling me that OC is illegal because he has "contacts" within Newton County and they told him that. I get the feeling that he is talking out of his rear.
    Last I heard it was. There have been a few OC meetings in Joplin at Starbucks in the last few years.

Never know when it can be outlawed.

I was at Steves a few days ago and heard one of the employees blabbering about OC to a customer. The employee is a retired LEO but he did not seem to have his facts straight. It was a bunch of freakin gibberish he was babbling.

Anyway hope that was not you he was filling with sh@t.

Re: Joplin OC?

It can certainly be outlawed.

Our usual advice is to not get legal advice from LEO's because they reply aren't too knowledgeable outside of traffic laws, and may very well be pursuing a pessimal or departmental agenda rather what the law says.

Having said that, Google is your friend. Since it was a county deputy that "said" this, it would be a good idea to check the county ordinances also.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Accomplished Advocate
    http://library.municode.com/index.as...ename=Missouri

Joplin municode, does not guarantee they have not changed it since last update, I found nothing, it is your freedom so you might want to check for yourself.

FYI I am hanging out in Joplin this week.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."