HB 937 passes the general assembly. Goes to governor

Will cite when I get home. On my phone.

Looks like they passed:

Restaurant carry
    Places where admission is charged
    Limited campus carry
    State parking lots
    Clarified recreational facilities

They kept the pp in place but added some rules for sheriff departments. They can't limit the number of permits anymore or charge additional fees.
    Last edited by trooper46; 07-24-2013 at 08:14 AM.

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Unfortunate that the bill clarifies concealed carry at funerals and parades, at least it doesn't do that for restaurant and places where admission is charged.

Of course would be better if those sections of code were repealed completely (no permit required), but it's a start.
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 07-24-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: saw the effective date in the bill

Welcome to the current century NC.....

why does a permit holder have the right to protect himself to and from school, but i dont.. I DONT WANT A F#%*%# CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT AND THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I DONT NEED ONE!

what the hell dont people get about that.. im so sick of needed the governments permission to live my life

Quote Originally Posted by JC_Biggs View Post
    why does a permit holder have the right to protect himself to and from school, but i dont.. I DONT WANT A F#%*%# CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT AND THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I DONT NEED ONE!

what the hell dont people get about that.. im so sick of needed the governments permission to live my life
    But we are moving into the 21st century where rights are no longer needed. They are being replaced with privileges that we need to beg our government for. So when they feel like it they can yank those privileges right out from under our feet like a rug.

Welcome to progress from elitist progressives.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Glad to see this finally pass...I don't think we should need a permit to carry either, but it's the world we live in and this is progress. If you don't want a cc permit...then continue to leave your gun in your car and keep stomping your feet until all the restrictions are removed from all forms of carry. I would love to see it happen, but in the meantime, I will enjoy carrying in places I couldn't previously.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_Biggs View Post

You do have the right, you don't have permission. Rights are inalienable. Morally speaking, you would be justified in defending yourself the same today as yesterday and tomorrow, regardless of how the laws shift and change. Legally speaking, maybe not. Why can't politicians understand and respect individuals rights? Men are corrupt.

But I think your point is that it doesn't make sense to say one person with a permit from government has a right while another person doesn't - the permit having no bearing on the possession of a right. That's true, it doesn't make sense. Probably though, the politicians responsible for such restrictions don't really believe you have those rights. They believe you don't have the right, but they're willing to certain citizens permission cards to keep them quiet. Just my speculation.

Stop blaming the politicians, they are only doing what the lobbyists pay them to do. And the numpties pay the lobbyists. Yet nobody wants to take blame for this fiasco on our rights. A privilege can be taken away as fast as it is given, a right cannot. The lobbyists are intentionally replacing the right with a privilege. When the winds of the court changes there will be no liberty, but we will be in the present century, right along side Europe.

As long as the public submits the government will take. I do believe if the GA told people they would have to have a permit to breath, the numpties would go along with it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Well,Im glad it passed,better than what we had before. I read parts of the bill and it says NOTHING about how one must carry, resturants with alcohol,admission,funerals and parades, it says nothing except cc permit holders may carry a handgun. Sounds to me OC (with a permit) is allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Well,Im glad it passed,better than what we had before. I read parts of the bill and it says NOTHING about how one must carry, resturants with alcohol,admission,funerals and parades, it says nothing except cc permit holders may carry a handgun. Sounds to me OC (with a permit) is allowed?
    You are correct on carrying in restaurants and places where admission is charged, you should reread the section on parades and funerals, it specifically states carrying concealed with the concealed handgun permit.

SECTION 15. G.S. 14-277.2 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
    28 "(d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to concealed carry of a handgun at a
    29 parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit issued in accordance with . . .
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 07-24-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added cite

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    You are correct on carrying in restaurants and places where admission is charged, you should reread the section on parades and funerals, it specifically states carrying concealed with the concealed handgun permit.

SECTION 15. G.S. 14-277.2 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
    28 "(d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to concealed carry of a handgun at a
    29 parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit issued in accordance with . . .
    To me, this makes it ripe for a lawsuit to keep the right to carry a RIGHT. How is carrying concealed less of a "problem" compared to someone OC? Where is the "compelling state interest" in this??
    Last edited by carolina guy; 07-24-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Deleted post due to was reading V4 of the bill which was hyperlinked in the 2nd post, this is the WRONG version, you must read the Ratified version at this link:

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2013/B...PDF/H937v5.pdf
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 07-24-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Why would OCers be upset that CCers pushed through legislature to strentthen their ability to carry conceal?

Should not OCers also push through legislature to strengthen their ability to OC?

Why should one group expect the other group to fight their legal battles for them?

Why should the CC crowd come to a OC site to intimidate and push OCers to support their one sided legislation?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Why should the CC crowd come to a OC site to intimidate and push OCers to support their one sided legislation?
    Do you ever smile, do you enjoy anything in life? Your words here paint the picture of a very angry and unhappy person. And more importantly where has it gotten you, what has it accomplished, other than making your an angry and bitter?

and who here has intimidated you?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Do you ever smile, do you enjoy anything in life? Your words here paint the picture of a very angry and unhappy person. And more importantly where has it gotten you, what has it accomplished, other than making your an angry and bitter?

and who here has intimidated you?
    What a nonsense post, totally off topic and completely ignorant.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

What a nonsense post, totally off topic and completely ignorant.
    Just an observation, but insult as a response was predictable. Enjoy your anger, it suits you well.
    Last edited by XD40sc; 07-25-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Just an observation, but insult as a response was predictable. Enjoy your anger, it suits you well.
    Your post was intended as a jab(insult) there was no reason other than that, it is rather hypocritical that you turn around and then claim to be insulted for your ignorance.

There was no insult by me, your post was off topic, a jab along a personal line, and ignorant. But this is not your first time.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Who intimidated you?

Actually I would prefer that you didn't contact your representatives in favor of this bill, and based on your constant and outright animosity toward those that choose to CC, I feel confident you didn't.

Direct your efforts toward your representative and get some OC bill in the works for the next session. I'll support any bill that gets NC closer to a true constitutional carry.

Who intimidated you?

Actually I would prefer that you didn't contact your representatives in favor of this bill, and based on your constant and outright animosity toward those that choose to CC, I feel confident you didn't.

Direct your efforts toward your representative and get some OC bill in the works for the next session. I'll support any bill that gets NC closer to a true constitutional carry.
    And yet again your post is off topic and a insult on a personal level. You have no idea who I contact, but you make poop up anyway. This is really getting to be a habit with you. Instead of debating/discussing you constantly go to direct personal attacks, and ignorant assumptions.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Which also brings up the question, where do your get the idea that is an OC only board? Look at the ads at the top of the page, 3 of the sponsors specialize in selling CC holsters. Kinda indicated that the forum owners do not consider this an OC only board, nor do the companies that are helping defray the costs of this forum to allow you to express your disdain for those that see things differently than you do.

Clearly the people that run this board cater to gun owners, regardless of how they choose to carry, you seem to be one of the few that have an issue with what you call elitist gun owners.

OBTW, get some meaningful OC bills up for consideration, and I will also contact the representatives in the house and senate to encourage them to pass the bill.
    Last edited by XD40sc; 07-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Which also brings up the question, where do your get the idea that is an OC only board? Look at the ads at the top of the page, 3 of the sponsors specialize in selling CC holsters. Kinda indicated that the forum owners do not consider this an OC only board, nor do the companies that are helping defray the costs of this forum to allow you to express your disdain for those that see things differently than you do.

Clearly the people that run this board cater to gun owners, regardless of how they choose to carry, you seem to be one of the few that have an issue with what you call elitist gun owners.

OBTW, get some meaningful OC bills up for consideration, and I will also contact the representatives in the house and senate to encourage them to pass the bill.
    While this is not an OC "only" site...by it's very name, it would be "mostly about" OC.

For full disclosure, I CC and OC depending on the situation and location we are going. Most of the time that I CC I am either working, or out with the family, and even then, it just depends on where we are at the time. Places that are openly anti-self defense, we tend to avoid entirely. About the only "elitist" element that I have used with the CHP is not having to find the time to be in Concord at the SO during business hours to apply for a PPP. Otherwise, I could honestly care less WHO carries and WHEN they carry. IMO, anyone free upon the streets should NOT be restricted in the manner of self defense they select.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper46 View Post
    Will cite when I get home. On my phone.

Looks like they passed:

Restaurant carry
    Places where admission is charged
    Limited campus carry
    State parking lots
    Clarified recreational facilities

They kept the pp in place but added some rules for sheriff departments. They can't limit the number of permits anymore or charge additional fees.

Is the purchase permit still may-issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Is the purchase permit still may-issue?
    Shall...

Old Law:
    14‑404. Issuance or refusal of permit; appeal from refusal; grounds for refusal; sheriff's fee.
    (a) Upon application, the sheriff shall issue the license or permit to a resident of that county, unless the purpose of the permit is for collecting, in which case a sheriff can issue a permit to a nonresident, when the sheriff has done all of the following:
    Waiting for the Governor's signature:

SECTION 17.2.(a) G.S. 14-404 reads as rewritten:
    " 14-404. Issuance or refusal of permit; appeal from refusal; grounds for refusal; sheriff's fee.
    (a) Upon application, the sheriff shall issue the permit to a resident of that county, unless the purpose of the permit is for collecting, in which case a sheriff can issue a permit to a nonresident, when the sheriff has done all of the following:
    Last edited by carolina guy; 07-25-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast